Chapter 20: Heartbreak

"I thought for a moment that you were healing me, turns out, you were only making me worse."
  -Anonymous

The night air was cold.

The breeze would blow in through the barred windows of the prison, and sweep across your clothed legs in an attempt to make you shiver.

Your tears had dried a long time ago, your eyes probably running out of the salty liquid.

You cried for two hours.

You sobbed over the friendship you had lost, the hurt you felt, and the betrayal that you faced.

Your heart was broken.

You mentally thanked god for being placed in your own cell, and being separated from the rest of the men.

You didn't want them to see you.

You felt like a fool.

You trusted him. You told him everything about you, from your home town to your sick mother. But he played you. He lied to you.

He betrayed you.

You cared for Yoongi, and you played yourself into thinking that he cared about you too.

A part of you didn't want to believe his words. You wanted to think that he would come storming into the prison and rescue you, that he would tear the shackles off of your feet and everyone would be safe.

But the only way you were leaving this jail, was if the king wished it.

You released a heavy sigh, and leaned your head against the stone wall of the prison cell, the chains on your feet rubbing against your bruised ankles.

You could hear the men in the other cell conversing with one another, trying to come up with an escape plan, each one of them livid with anger against the raven haired prince as they spoke.

You remained silent, closing your eyes in hopes of getting a few hours of rest before you were forced into a cursed kingdom and killed.

"Y/n?"

Your blue eyes snapped open at Taehyung's deep voice.

You were in slight shock.

With all the Yoongi business, you had completely forgotten about yours and Taehyung's scuffle at the stream. It seemed like such a meager thing now.

"Yes?" You whispered back.

It was odd, the amount of comfort you found in simply hearing his voice. It seemed to provide you warmth in the cold, lonely cell.

"I'm sorry."

He breathed out.

You didn't know what he was apologizing for: For treating you like dirt at the stream, or for Yoongi betraying you.

You nodded your head.

"It's okay." You whispered back. "I forgive you."

You heard Taehyung sniffle.

Was he crying?

"I swear on my life, y/n." He started. "I will get you out of here."

You frowned deeply.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no." You stated.

You heard Taehyung shuffle.

"What do you mean? Don't you want to get out of this prison? Don't you want your life to be saved?!" He asked fervently.

You sighed, shaking your head.