Chapter 7 - The Wolf Girl

As I stare back at the beautiful woman looking at me I start thinking of ways to deal with my predicament.

Should I just slowly walk back outside? No she would probably start screaming...
Say hello? Probably? It would be a good start.
Put her to sleep like the other person? Let's save that for the worst case scenario.

Okay, calm down, think of this logically, she can't see your face, you have your hood on. This is bad. I can only think of one way to deal with this.

Alright let's see if this works.

"This isn't what it seems." I say while raising my hands.

Ok! Good work Dessyr! This'll 'definitely' work. Now I just wait for her reaction as I get ready to face my fate of death once more.

"Who are you?" She asks as she switches her gaze from me and the assassin.

"I'm Des, if you're wondering why I'm here it's because I noticed this dangerous person was heading into your room. I dealt with him and now we're here." I explain as simply as I can while pointing at the assassin.

All I can do now is try to explain myself and hope she doesn't try to do anything normal like calling for help or trying to attack me.

"I see... in that case thank you, I am Fiora, a black wolf from the beastkin kingdom." She introduces herself while setting herself up on her bed.

"You are acting very calmly in this situation." I state as I am very surprised by her actions.

"Of course I am, it's obvious you saved me, I can also sense a strange aura from you. It makes me feel at ease." She says as she seems to be drifting back to sleep.

She must mean the fact that I'm half dragon. Or could it be that I'm the god of death? Nah, why would Death make someone calmer.

Either way, seeing as this conversation has turned for the better, I'll see if I can find out why someone is trying to kill her.

"In that case could I ask you some questions?" I ask Fiora while walking toward the assassin.

"Of course... you're trying to find out why I'm being targeted, correct?" She asks as she begins to sit up again.

"Yes, first off, do you know why or who is after you?" I ask as I search the assassin for anything helpful in my investigation.

"Yes, although I don't know who... it may have something to do with my parents." She starts, "My parents were in debt to an underground organization, a large one. They needed the money to start a business in the Descon kingdom. Everything was going smoothly at first but soon our business' profit seemed to have started falling drastically. Eventually it crumbled and we couldn't finish paying our debt to the organization." She pauses.

She seemed to have started watching me carefully, this next part was probably more secretive than what she just said.

As I search the assassin I find I folded sheet of paper. A contract.

I open it up and read it's contents.

————————————————————————

To the Dark Blood,
Your target are the children of the lupus family.

The reward will be 130 gold coins, they are dangerous and caution is advised.

— F.

————————————————————————

So, this F. person is the puppet master. He's probably the leader of the organization that Fiora mentioned or someone with high authority.

But still chasing down someone for 130 gold just because they are in debt? And stating that they're dangerous? What have I gotten myself into? Who is this woman?

Also, the Dark Blood, even I've heard of them them. They're the most dangerous group of assassins on the continent. To send them after a woman. She is most definitely not normal. Also I can barely believe that this assassin didn't notice me. Could it be that my presence is almost unexisting?

"Ahem, well Miss Fiora, I can assure you that I am not your enemy, however maybe I can help you. It seems that the person targeting you has hired the Dark Blood to assassinate you." I explain and show her the contract.

"I see..." Fiora says as she reads the paper. "This is worse than I thought."

"You seem very relaxed about this, I can understand that you are alright with me being here but... to be relaxed while having the Dark Blood on your tail isn't normal. Who are you really, Miss Fiora?" I ask.

"If I told you that then I'd have to kill you." She says with a cheery tone while smiling.

"Please do try, although it won't be easy. Now please tell me, maybe I can help you?" I say laughing a little. However, I was actually kind of scared as she said that, mainly because I can sense some killing intent from her after hearing that.

"You're not normal are you? I released quite a bit of killing intent but it seemed you weren't even affacted?" She says surprised.

Although she was right by saying I am not normal. I was severely confused. I know that she's dangerous and she definitely released killing intent, however, I couldnt feel very much of it. Could it be that being immortal somehow reduced how affected it?

In any case this might be fun. It's definitely not something that happens every day. The chance to fight against a very large and influential organization. And who knows I might even gain some money at the end.

"You are right about one thing, I'm not normal." I say as I loot the assassin, taking anything that might be useful from him.

"Alright, Miss Fiora, would it be alright to accompany you to take down this organization?" I say as I stood up.

"You're really serious about helping, even though the Dark Blood could kill you?" She asks me.

"Of course."

"Are you brave or just completely insane? Getting mixed up in something that is completely avoidable." She says with a worried look on her face.

Aww how nice, she's actually worried about me. Maybe she's not completely dangerous.

"Look I got mixed up in this the moment I put this guy to sleep... speaking of which, I wonder."

This is something I wanted to try out for a while when I thought about it.

Although I don't know if this would be a good idea while she was around, but since I'm going to accompany her, I'm going to have to do it eventually.

I raise my hand towards the assassin. Suddenly black fog is released and engulfs the assassin. This time however, I'm holding back. Since I don't want to resurrect and instead want him to be an undead servant. I could turn him into a skeleton but I need to be able to hear him speak, for this, he needs a tongue and a mouth.

After he dies from the fog he is instantly turned into a zombie. With this I can get some information.

I found out that I don't need to chant to cast a spell like I did when I resurrected Gerol while I got a headache I few minutes ago.

When I look at Fiora I notice that she has a scared expression of me. Maybe I should talk to her?

"Don't worry." I say, "He won't bite."