Waitress [Special Chapter for 28k Reads]

4 years ago - Busan, Korea

       "H-how do you know I'm not fully human?" Taehyung gulped.

The stranger snorted. "Because I can sense the mythical energy off of you.. it's one of my many talents."

Taehyung crossed his arms. "Which means that you aren't fully human either. What are you?"

     "You tell me first," The boy crossed his arms.

       "I don't even know what your name is..." Taehyung huffed.

       "It's Jimin," The boy didn't even blink when answering. "You?"

      Jimin... what a pretty name for such a pretty boy.

"Taehyung," he answered.

"You think I'm pretty?" Jimin raised his brow, taking a step closer to him.

"Huh, what? Did I say that out loud?" Taehyung was confused and scared.

        "Nah... I can read minds," Jimin smirked.

       This guy has so many talents... unfair. When will Father give me an ability besides collecting souls for the Underworld? I'm so boring in comparison.

       "So you probably could hear what I just now thought too, huh..." Taehyung rubbed his neck.

       "Nah, I can only use my power for a few seconds ten times every Earth year. That's it," Jimin shrugged.

       "So you chose to listen to my thoughts right after you told your name... and you heard me think you were uh...."

       "Pretty," Jimin purred. "Don't be so shy. I think you're pretty too."

      "Oh, wow. Thanks," Taehyung's cheeks heated up.

       Taehyung waited for Jimin to say something, but he didn't. Taehyung finally spoke up. "So you probably know what creature I am if you can read my thoughts...."

     Jimin shook his head. "Nah. Like I told you before, I used the last of my power a few seconds before. Got over a year until I can use that ability again."

"Oh... so you wasted the last of the ability on me..." Taehyung shyly looked down.

"I wouldn't call it a waste. You indirectly told me that I'm pretty, right?"

Taehyung smiled cheekily. "Yeah...But you weren't supposed to hear that..."

"And why not?" Jimin crosses his arms.

"Because I'm not even supposed to talk to you. Just started this job and my fath-I mean my boss, told me to avoid speaking to humans. Said it was a distraction." Taehyung shrugged.

Jimin rested his arm on Taehyung's shoulder and poked his cheek. "But I'm not human, remember... C'mon, let's go have some fun." He grabbed Taehyung's hand.

"Wh-where are we going? Are you sure?" Taehyung's eyes almost buldged out of his head.

"Yeah, c'mon everyone deserves a break! Even us magical creatures!"

Entranced by Jimin's cool hand holding his, Taehyung doesn't let go. He decides he'll go wherever Jimin wants. I mean, Taehyung was literally Satan's son. Jimin would never be able to hurt Taehyung. How powerful could Jimin be?

      While still holding Taehyung's hand, Jimin leads Taehyung to a small shop called "Chung's Coffee". This place seemed very familiar.. has Taehyung been here before?