Chapter 53: In a Mess

Keith's POV

Noel walked into the hospital room and shouted, "I figured it out!"
I sat up in excitement. I knew he was an asshole most of the times but when he puts his mind to something he could do anything. He came closer to me. Kiara had left earlier and Jeremy went to drop her off at home. He sat beside my bed, in a chair that had a small green cushion in the middle. He showed me a letter which looked like a credit card bill. He had many connections, so I needn't ask how he got this. It was a credit card bill of Henry. Sarah's father. Why didn't I think of this before??? Somewhere in the middle was a payment to buy a ticket to London. Right around the date Sarah left me. So that's where he probably sent her. I needed to get her back. So I had to be in London not here.
Just as I was about to get down from my bed, Noel stopped me. What the hell?
He pointed to the paper and said, "That's not the only thing there is."
And I saw what he was pointing at. A transaction to Antonio. This can't be good. Anyone who does business with Antonio should be careful. He runs a mafia and he would kill anyone and use any means to get more profit. I had to see Henry first and ask what he had to do with the underground dealers.

"We need to talk to Henry." I said to Noel and he nodded in return. He rushed to speak to the doctor to see if he could take me out. The doctor finally approved as my vitals have been improving and my wounds in my soles are much better now. He still recommended taking a wheel chair. We got Martin to drive us to Henry's mansion. I couldn't wait to find out what this was all about. Business with Antonio was not simple and no sane person would go to that level.

We got Martin to deal with Henry's security while we pushed past to his front door. Noel kicked the door down knowing Henry wouldn't answer the door if we rang the doorbell. He was faced with an angry man with a pistol pointed directly at his forehead. Bastard. Henry threatened to shoot Noel. If I wasn't in this wheelchair I would have broken his arm in a second. In a blink of an eye, Noel hit Henry's lower arm and made him lose the gun from his hand. He kicked Henry in his chest, threw an uppercut and Henry slammed on the floor. All just in one second. I looked at Noel in awe. I knew he could fight. But I was always the quickest amongst us. Well I guess he improved. I pushed the button to take near where Henry fell. Luckily, he was still conscious. Noel dragged him up to a standing position and yelled, "What is going? Why have you sent money to Antonio?"
Henry started sobbing like a little kid. We felt a bit sorry for him. Noel left his collar and Henry dropped to the floor on his knees. This man was my father's best friend. He never bothered to turn up to the funeral even. What could be that bad that he didn't want to face us?
I spoke, "Henry look, my father was a good friend of yours, for his sake, please just tell me what the hell is going on?"
Henry looked up at me and said, " I thought I could get richer than all of you."
"My company wasn't making profits anymore, so I was recommended to sell it but I couldn't. This was all my hard work. I thought I could do a underground diamond deal to get back on top."
"I promised 30% of the profits to Antonio but he wants 60%. I can't give him what he wants because I already spent all of it to bring back my company to a good state."
"He keeps adding interest to the amount I owe him. I tried negotiating that I only owe him 30% but he would t listen. He threatened to go after Sarah and my wife. Sarah wasn't with you and I knew her life would be at stake so the best thing I could do was send her away before she could be in harm's way. So I took the opportunity and sent her off."

We listened quietly. I couldn't be mad at him anymore. He wanted to keep his daughter safe. And Sarah's safety mattered more than anything to me too. " How much do you owe him?" I asked.

" 20 billion dollars," he replied. That's nothing to me. I can give him the money. If it guaranteed Sarah's safety.

"I'll give you the money, Henry."

Noel looked at me and then nodded understanding. Something was different about him. Jake would understand but Noel wouldn't have but something in him changed that made him understand. I could investigate that later. Now I had to deal with this shit.

"It's too late now," Henry said. "Antonio's fixed on taking something from me that I can't replace."
"Please, don't bring Sarah here!" He exclaimed.

I wouldn't. I couldn't. I don't want to lose her. Not forever.
I had no choice. I thought I would never call him again but I had to.
I took my phone out and went to his contact. Alex. His name was shining in front of my face. Surprisingly, I never felt a tinge of anger that I used to have.
I called him.
...
He answered the phone in just two rings. "Hello." His voice came out hesitantly.
"Alex. It's me Keith."
" I know."
He had my number? He had many connections.
" I need a favor Alex"
"Ask anything." He said.
This sounded like my old friend.
I explained the problems to him and told him that Antonio was after Sarah, my wife who was currently in London.

" Alex I need you to do anything to keep Sarah in London, please." I requested.

"Shoot! Keith, Jessy and I just met Sarah. We explained that you were in an accident and whatever the problem between you two must've been a misunderstanding"
" She must be on a plane on her way there right now." He said.
Tears formed in my eyes. I blinked them away. He went to Sarah for me. He knew she was my wife. He kept tabs on me to see if I was doing ok. I would meet him later and get over the past and become good friends again. But right now I needed to get Sarah to safety.

"When did her plane leave?" I asked him.

"Morning at around 10 am. I think."
She would be here at around 1:15 pm.
We had a very little time left to get to the airport. We couldn't waste time. Antonio would find out somehow and get there first.

"Noel, we need to get to the airport." I said.

We didn't waste time we left Henry's mansion abruptly and raced to the airport.
God, please don't let Antonio get to her.

Author's note: hey guys!!!! New chapter!!! This book is going to finish! 😭😭😭😭😭 this is my first book on Wattpad and i know I update very late so thank you all so much for being patient with me. This book has helped lift my mood eveytime I feel down. Cos everytime I see a new vote or a new ranking, it makes my day. Thank you guys!!!!