Chapter 82

Nova's POV

There was no time to waste. Carl was coming with us along with Hank, Sumo, and a few wolves Smoke knew from when he'd seen them getting adopted at the pet store. There was Flower, Night, and Scruffy. Flower was a very beautiful she-wolf. She was smaller like Olive so she would be good for sneaking around. Night actually hadn't been adopted. He'd run away and lived wherever he could around the city. He had a dark pelt with some cool white pattern on his pelt and some scars on his body in random places, one being three claws marks running along one of his eyes. Scruffy had a big fluffy coat. It helped protect him from getting deep bites kinda like a lion's mane. His coat was kind of grey-ish. 

(If any of yals could help me with the art on these three that would be awesome! Flower can be really out there and breath taking with colors if you want because I want her to stand out. Scruffy is more like an older wolf with a big shaggy coat. You can add on to the grey-ish color with patterns if you like. Night I described the most in detail. You can chose what type of pattern you want for the white on his coat. I wanna see what you guys come up with! Edit: I know I've finished this story, but I would still love to see art if anybody ever wants to do it.)

We all got together and headed out for the mansion. I was worried about Connor. What did they need him for? Why were they doing this? What if they had already used him and were done with him? I trotted along a little faster, getting a few paces ahead of everyone. The others could probably smell my fear scent. Sumo came up beside me.

"Nova? Are you okay?" He asked. I sighed. I glanced back at the others, not wanting them to know I was so nervous.

"Sumo...I'm scared. What if Connor is dead? (Y/n) will never know what really happened and everything will be over." I told him my doubts quietly. He let out a sad whine, thinking about what I said.

"He's alive. I know it. You can feel it, can't you?" He asked. I focused for a moment. He was right. In my heart and body I just knew he was alive. It was our instincts telling us to move forward. They were urging us to keep going because there was still hope left.

"You're right. No matter what, we have to try." I said. He nodded with a smile. I looked at him. "Sumo?" 

"Yeah?"

"You're...you're the most amazing friend I have." I said, feeling my cheeks heat up. He smiled.

"You too Nova." He replied. 

"We're almost there." I heard Night say as he pulled up on my other side. I nodded. 

"I can't believe we're going on a rescue mission with my dog, six android wolves, and a cat!" Hank said. He could understand us wolves because he had an ear piece like Scarlett had the day we won our freedom back. Carl could understand cause we allowed him to tap into our network. Smoke laughed.

"Better get used to it and quick Hank! Cause we're here!" Smoke said. 

"I do hope my coat stays as clean as possible for this." Flower said.

"I'll keep your coat clean, dear." Night promised. Night visited Flower often. It was clear they liked each other, despite Night being rough and tumble while Flower was a more relaxed and clean she-wolf.

"Let's do this!" Snow said. I hacked into the gate and we all slipped inside. Hank had his gun out and so did Carl. 

"We're going in." Hank said. We slipped in the door, but there was instant laughter. We all looked up and I growled, rage burning beneath my skin.

"Maverick." I hissed.

"Well, isn't this quite the rescue party." He teased.

"Where's Connor!?" Hank demanded.