fourteen

kenzie's pov

johnny turns around and leaves, slamming the door behind him. i don't know why he's so angry, but i feel guilty. if i'd caught him doing this i would've been upset too. i shove brandon off of me and pull my dress on quickly, chasing after johnny. i stumble down the hall frantically, watching him turn the corner.

he's in maddie's old room, a room unoccupied by any partygoers, thank god. his face is in his hands.

"john?"i ask quietly as i enter the room. "what's wrong?"

"you can't just go around hooking up with people, mackenzie. it's fucking dangerous! did you even know him?" his eyes are flaring. he's using a quiet voice- johnny often does that. when he's very angry, he doesn't yell, and it makes you feel even more guilty.

"yes, johnny, he's my ex." i reply calmly. "why are you so upset? i'm not irresponsible. you know that."

johnny shakes his head. "mackenzie, you have to be safe. if you got pregnant, your whole life would fall apart."

so that's why he's upset. of course. i don't know why, but a small part of me thought maybe he was jealous. that maybe he liked me.

"i am careful, john. it was an accident, i don't like him."

"exactly. an accident." he spits.

"what's the other reason you're so mad, because i know this isn't the only one."

"because i...." johnny cut himself short. "nothing. i'm not mad, okay? you're like my little sister, i'm just trying to take care of you."

little sister. that stung. of course he wasn't jealous.

"all good." i give him a quick hug. "i'm gonna go check on lauren."

"stay away from that douche."

"whatever, john." i laugh at his protectiveness and walk over to my room.

brandon's gone, good. i get in my bed next to lauren and lie awake, thinking. a couple hours later johnny stumbles into my room, evidently drunk. last time i saw him he had had a couple drinks, but seemed fine. now he's totally trashed. i race up to help him. "john, why?" i mutter.

"everyone's gone." he slurs. "i told them to leave because it's 2am."

"thank you." i sigh. "now sleep."

he collapses into my arms as i attempt to lug him into my bed. it's a king and all three of us will likely fit.

"kenzie." johnny mumbles into my shoulder. he won't fucking budge, how will i get him to sleep?

"what, john?" i groan, attempting to shift him closer to the bed with no luck.

"you look really hot." he whispers into my neck, and my heart starts racing.

he's drunk, i remind myself. it doesn't mean anything.

"johnny, don't." i force out. my throat is thick.

"kenzie..." he snakes his arms down to my waist, pressing his lips against my jaw lightly, leaving butterfly kisses down my neck.

"john, stop." i stutter, but i'm not convincing myself or him. he tugs on my dress. this snaps me out of it. "i said stop!"

"i'm sorry." john slurs, reminding me that he's drunk, and he won't remember this in the morning. it means nothing to him.

"it's okay, just... just sleep." i get him into bed and then sleep on the other side of the bed, with lauren in between us.

johnny won't remember this in the morning, no doubt. he's wasted. but i can only hope i'll be able to forget about this.

an ew this is another gross, short chapter, forgive me lol
i've started uploading daily- does that annoy you guys? should i post less?
-ria