First Response

Author's Note: Holy crap, sorry it took so long for this update! If y'all are still keeping up with this fic and reading new chapters, then I bow down to your patience and dedication. I'm not worthy. 

Also, the title for this chapter came from my wonderful beta and friend, Malaree, and I had to chuckle to myself when she suggested it...you'll see why.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Early morning sunlight streamed in through the large windows, the golden rays painting a warm path over your forehead and cheeks. Eyes opening slowly, you squinted into the brightness, awakened from what had been the best sleep you'd had in ages. Negan's bed was like heaven, the mattress decadently soft and the sheets luxurious against your bare skin. A satisfied smile curled your lips at the thought of last night, and you slowly rolled over, reaching an arm out to find...

That the other side of the bed was empty.

You froze, feeling a little tendril of self-doubt start to curl in your chest at the sight of the sheets pulled back, a slight depression still on the pillow as evidence that he had been there not too long ago. But why would he leave? And without saying anything? Did he regret last night?

You sat up in the bed, clutching the sheets to your chest, heart pounding as you thought back over recent events. He had definitely been the one to lead you back here, and made it known that he wanted you to stay the night, so why...

A piece of paper on the bedside table caught your eye. It was folded, so that it stood upwards like a tent, and your name was written in familiar looped handwriting on the front. Grabbing it off the table, you unfolded it and read the words, relief washing in like the tide to drown your self-doubt before it could take root.

Morning, doll. Had an early meeting and didn't want to wake you. I'll see you tonight.

Negan

P.S. Feel free to use the shower and forget your panties again.

You huffed out a laugh at the end, residual embarrassment flushing your cheeks, as you remembered him finding your balled-up panties the last time you had used his bathroom. The thought of the hot water that beckoned from his shower caused you to push the embarrassment aside and stand up from the bed. You winced at the slight soreness between your thighs, stretching tired arms over your head and feeling a slight ache in muscles that hadn't been used that vigorously in quite a long time.

Walking into the bathroom, you found your clothes neatly folded on the sink, and had to smile at the domestic gesture. The smile turned into a small gasp when you caught sight of yourself in the large mirror hanging above the sink.

Your hair was snarled about your head and over your shoulders, but that wasn't what held your attention. Stepping closer, you took in the hickies that dotted across your collarbones and chest. Looking down, you saw various little bruises where Negan had bit you, and your inner thighs bore the redness of beard burn. There were also what looked suspiciously like finger-shaped bruises on your hips from where he had gripped tightly to hold you still for his powerful thrusts.

Negan had staked his claim on your flesh, providing visual reminders of where he had been. Rather than feel ashamed or offended by the souvenirs, you felt a rush of satisfaction, as well as a hint of arousal, at being so obviously marked as his. You also couldn't help but wonder if he bore any marks of his own, thinking back to the way your nails had dug into his shoulders and scratched down his back when you came.

Smiling smugly, you turned on the water and stepped into the massive shower, sighing with pleasure as the hot water cascaded down over your sore muscles. Thoughts of Negan joining you flitted through your mind as you soaped up your body, imagining it was his hands running down over your breasts and across your hips. Your grin turned absolutely wicked when you realized that those thoughts didn't have to stay in fantasy land. In fact, perhaps tonight's mission would be coaxing him into this bathroom, where you could run soap over every square inch of his body, making sure he was squeaky clean, before dropping to your knees on the tiles and getting a taste of his cock. You doubted it would take much coaxing for him to agree with your plan, and you were practically vibrating with excitement as you turned off the water and wrapped yourself in one of the fluffy towels.