4

"So..How was your playtime with Taehyung?"Your mom asks before taking a quick peak of you from the front mirror of the vehicle.

You don't miss the chance to spot that strangled excitement in her tone and you break your gaze from the window to look at her.

You lock gazes with her warm eyes, blinking a couple of times before tearing your gaze again to glance over the scenery passing by.

"Fine."You mutter silently, a quick flashback playing in your mind as you bring a hand up to swipe across a specific portion of your rosy puffy cheek.

FlashBack

"Y/n!" He whines, louder this time and your little body cringes at the sound. You still didn't want to be the Princess and there's nothing nothing in world he could do to change your mind.

I mean.

Where's the fun in being locked away inside a tower anyway? You're one who crave for thrills, actions and ect! Not to just sit all day waiting for your Prince Charming to show up and come save you.

"Please!" He begs and you unconsciously step back when seeing him starting to baby-crawl his way towards your side.

You shook your head, telling him once again with narrowed eyes that you really didn't want to play Princess.

Taehyung continues to wail his ear-piercing whines, and you fight back the urge to just throw that dragon figurine at him.

As seconds turn to minutes. He still doesn't shut up. Constantly begging you to play the part but you've already tuned him out, choosing to play on your own instead.

After what seemed like forever, he decided to just stop and calmdown. This was useless. His noises were useless. You weren't gonna give in with him no matter how much he'd try convincing you.

With disappointment taking over his features, body exhausted from his previous act, he pouts. "Fine... But on one condition." He states quickly with a finger up, back standing straight and with a firm look.

Hearing that, you choose to waste your time on him again, internally hoping he won't start his silly behavior again and just allow the both of you to play in peace.

The latter smiles ear to ear, excited and relieved to have finally grabbed your full attention after quite sometime.

He playfully clears his throat, before going on with whatever he planned on saying.  "Since I cannot kiss you when I save the Princess from the fire breathing dragon, can I kiss now instead?"

You honestly don't understand him one bit. What's up with him and kissing honestly.

You're hesitant to answer him back, feeling a bit terrified or more like flustered to say the least.

That suggestion made your insides churn uncontrollably for some reason and the urge to throw up your cereal from this morning was highly tempting.

Taehyung shoots you his wide puppy dong eyes, the spark of hope in them visible for the whole universe to see.

It's like that at first, until you notice the slight changes in them. Especially with the way he was now looking at you.

That once expectant expression slowly morphs into a much rather firm look with each passing second, his eyes relaxing before seeing it squint in a manner of curiosity.

There was this something in his eyes that you're still not able to comprehend what its about, and probably never will.

It was as if he was sending you some kind of message. Yet you're not able to figure what that message was specifically.

The way he had his gaze on you was as if you were some kind of gem located at the very core of the earth. A rare gem that's safely hidden away from the complications of life, and secured tightly inside the embrace of the ground.

And if one was to find it, he had to swear he'd protect it with his life.

And Taehyung wanted to do just that. He wanted you to be the Princess not just because every Prince gets to have a kiss in return for their brave act. No.

He wanted you to be the Princess 'cause he knew that the second he grabs a hold of your soft hand and leads out of the tower right after slaying the once bold dragon. He'd have someone to protect and stay with by his side, from then on.

After putting much thought on his words, you've already come into a conclusion.

With a defeated sigh, you nod in responds.

Taehyung snaps out of his little trance after realizing your decision. Without a second to lose, he immediately leans in to plant his lips on your smooth baby cheek, before drawing back to wrap his arms around you, a satisfied smile on his face.

"My Princess."