Chapter Twenty Seven

27

::Kylie's POV::

His eyes pierced into mine so casually as he looked at me in almost endearment.

I continued to stare at him with my eyes wide and my mouth in a firm line. He looked different.. in a good way. His hair was thicker, shaved lowly on the sides and styled in a quiff haircut. He wore all black and he had a slight beard. He obviously hadn't shaved in a couple of days and if it was possible, he'd came back sexier than when he'd left.

Though my heart slowly melted, my face remained serious. I couldn't even believe he was here. I'd called him so many times and he'd never answered. I began believing he just flat out didn't ever want to speak to me again a few days ago and now this?

"Kylie honey, who is that at the door?" Ms. Tompkins asked and she rounded the corner.

I opened the door further, though my eyes continued to burn into his flesh, to let her see who the 'guest' was. I stepped back and crossed my arms just before Ms. Tompkins squealed, running to the door.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" She screamed before showering him with a million kisses. Tyler just laughed and wrapped his arms around her as his mom expressed how much she'd truly missed him.

"What's all the ruck--" Levi answered his own question as he viewed his mom engulfing her eldest son with a bear hug.

"Great," I heard him mumble before he approached them.

"It's good to see you bro," Tyler said to him.

Levi just looked outside. "What is that?"

Tyler turned and stood next to his little brother, gazing at whatever lied beyond the front door.

"That better not be what I think it is Tyler Jacob Alvaro," Ms. Tompkins spoke. "You got yourself a new car?!" She raged.

The only thing my mind thought of while Tyler smirked, was slapping it right off of his face.

"I bought a few things while I was away," he spoke and looked directly at me. His smirk had faded and I couldn't tell why he'd suddenly changed his expression. Why did it seem like he'd directed that to me? I wasn't the one who got a new car, he was.

"You got yourself a corvette?!" His mom reiterated and just like that, his smirk returned as he focused on his car. "You better not be blowing your trust fund on crap like this!"

"What are you, Tommy Lee now?" Levi asked as everyone stepped outside to view the vehicle. It was all black with tinted windows. What a bad ass he was.

As everyone fawned over the stupid car, I made my way upstairs. I couldn't understand why he was here. Clearly he had wanted to be left alone for the past three weeks so why, all of a sudden, was he back?

UGH.

I wanted to punch him right in the nose. I'd spent countless nights, sitting up in bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking of him. Wondering where he was.. If he was okay.. If he was thinking of me..

All for him to show up with a stupid car?!

I rushed into my room, shut the door behind me and began pacing.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock at my door.

"Kylie? We're going to finish dinner. Do you want to join us?" Ms. Tompkins' squeaky voice slipped into my room.

"No. I'm going to go to bed," I replied.

"At eight thirty?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yeah.. I have practice tomorrow," I said and with that, she was gone.