A Valentine's Masquerade Part Five

.......................

Comment, follow, and VOOOOTTTTEEEEEEEE (like your phone/laptop is on 1%)

**BTW, I know the last chapter was a little boring, but hey! I'm a descriptive writer: cut me some slack. If you guys are true HP fans (as in you are a complete fangirl over Sev and Lily and cry over fanart, read all the books, and all the Movies. Also, that Fan-Film that these dudes made. It was awesome.

................

YOUR POV

All of us walked out of Madame Malkins while more and more Hogwarts students filled in. Wow. Valentine's day was a big deal for everyone. Well, it was the day that we celebrate having another person, or persons, that we love and enjoy the company of. That's honestly the best way I could put it, really. Love was.....a difficult emotion, at least...that's what I thought. One minute it's the best thing, and the other....a burden. I shook the thought out of my head, today I was getting what I wanted and that was it. The twins said they needed to use the restroom, so I told them I would wait outside for them. I didn't know if they really had to go, or are just planning something. World domination? I internally shrugged: who knows?

"Hey (y/n)!" said a voice.

I turned around to look at it and got nailed in the chest with a cold, icy snowball. When I recovered from the shock, I looked up to see Harry looking at me with his bright, forest green eyes. He was smiling too.

"Really, Potter? You gonna have to do better than that....."

I picked up a lumpy ball of snow and threw it at him, ignoring the stinging coldness in my hands. Did anyone have the problem when you don't wear waterproof gloves, when you touch snow it's so frickin' cold it burns? Well, I hated it. Looking back at the present, Harry had dodged the icy UFO and was forming another one to throw at me. I quickly bent down to make another.

"How's this?" He chuckled, chucking the snowball at me and started the creation of another!

I narrowly dodged it and threw on at him, which hit him square in the chest. I quickly threw another and I managed to knock him off his feet. I ran over, forming one, and put it into throwing position.

"Give up?"

"Normally, no. But in this case, yes." Harry said with his hands up in an 'I surrender' position, but still had that bright smile on his face.

By the time I had hauled him to his feet, the twins were out and heading towards me, their red hair blazing.

"Hey (y/n). What happened here?" Said Fred.

"Hm." George looked at the scene, then at me. "You won, didn't you?"

"Yeah."

"Shopping-Girl beats Gryffindor's best Seeker. Close call indeed." George confirmed.

"Indeed, brother mine." commented Fred.

"Well, love to stay and chat-"

"But we really need to-"

"Go shopping." They finished.

Harry raised an eyebrow at that, but his expression morphed into a confused one. "Wh-"

"For me. Well, I'm buying the stuff but I brought these two for a second opinion." I explained.

"So, you're going to the dance?" Harry asked.

"Yes, why?"

"You don't normally attend the dances." Harry told me. "You left the Yule Ball after ten minutes! What's so different now?"

I sighed. "I have to be a wingman for a friend. It was nice talking to you, but we really need to go. See ya. Come on guys..."

With the snow crunching underneath our feet, we hurriedly walked towards Monsieur Francois's Mask and Other Magnificent Marvels. I opened the door and allowed the twins in, and shut it behind me. I looked at the shop. It was quite nice, a little small though. I looked through the boxes of shoes and decided on a black pair of calf-down boots with a gold zipper in the back with a thick heel. I had no idea how anyone stood on those stilt ones anyhow. Now, I had to look for the mask. I strided over to the mask rack and looked at all of them. I was stuck on two of them.

"Eeny, meeny, Hermione, mo, catch a tiger by the toe, if he hollers let him go, out goes y-o-u." My finger landed on the mask with the red and black finish. It had a few false jewels to add to the look. I thought it looked fine. I walked up to the cash-register with my items and waited for him to check them out and give me a price. The young man was in a simple black clothing and had bags under his brown eyes. He looked quite young and tired to be honest. From the look of it, he just needed a job quickly. This wasn't what he ever wanted to do.

"4 galleons, 6 sickles, and eleven knuts please." the clerk said with a strained kindness.

I fished the coins out of the bag they were in and handed them over. "Here you are, sir."

He checked the money and nodded. "Do you want to take this now or do want it by tomorrow afternoon? You attend Hogwarts, right?"

"Yes, I do please. Thank you."

"Put your name and house down please." He handed me a slip of parchment.

I wrote my name down quickly and asked him. "Do you like your job? You seem a little non-enthusiastic."

"What?" He looked at me surprised. "Of course I like it, but I wish it could be more exciting you know? I love the idea of being a costume maker! But you know, somethings don't always go as planned."

"Hm. Well, I hope you get something you wanted one day. It was nice talking." I smiled and walked out of the building.

Sure enough, I had to walk back in to retrieve the twins (who had fallen asleep under a clothes rack) and bring them back out.

Fred yawned. "Come on....we only wanted, like, twenty more minutes."

"That was never going to happen." I said.

"Five?~~~" George said in his sleep-drunk voice.

"No. Let's aim for zero."

I sighed and continued supporting the twins back to the carriages which carried the students here. Unfortunately, we bumped into someone who made me freeze: it was McGonagall.

"Miss (y/l/n)......" She noticed the Weasleys I was holding up. "And Weasleys. Did you manage to get your things?"

"Yes, I did. Madame Malkin did give me a custom dress! Thank you for that earlier tip!"

"My pleasure, (y/l/n). Now, please use the carriage this time, not the passage underground that the Weasley's obviously recommended." She raised a black-grey eyebrow at me.

I flushed a light red from embarrassment. "Yes, Professor."

"Good. Now go on. Oh- and make sure the Weasley's don't fall out of the carriage." She added.

I nodded and helped the still groggy Weasley's to the coach and helped them get in. After, I got in and closed the door after myself. Tomorrow was the last day until the ball...I hope I was ready. 

The carriage started forwards to Hogwarts.