Chapter 51

**Victoria's POV**

I sat at the table of the restaurant I was supposed to be meeting Jason at, and all I could think about was the fact that my mother would be moving with me soon. I was partly nervous because we haven't really lived together for a few years now, which makes me excited. I was sure that the change would be good for her.

"Hi. Is this seat taken?" The man's voice said just I finished reading the last line of one my mails.

"Yes." I said moving my eyes from my phone as he just took a seat in front of me and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "I said it was taken."

He smiled lightly. "I'm just keeping you company. You're really beautiful."

"Thanks."

"Who are you waiting for?" He asked and I rested my chin on my knuckles looking at him.

"Just stay here and keep talking. You'll find out soon enough." I replied.

"Why the hostility?" He smirked. "Are you with someone?"

"Yes. A gorilla."

He let out a laugh before grabbing my hand in his before kissing the top of it. "Gorilla? Is that how you see me?"

"It's your brother's fault." I smiled leaning in to place my lips on his. "How did the meeting go?"

"Painful." He muttered before looking at me seriously. "The man is really slow. In everything he does."

"I told you." I shrugged laughing. "I pinched myself twice the last time I met him, just to stop myself from falling asleep."

He smiled lightly as he looked down at my hand running his thumb over it. "So, are we getting married this week or the next?" He asked making me laugh as I called the waiter over.

He came right away and we quickly ordered. Well I ordered for the both of us since Jason decided to stay quiet when the waiter asked him what he wanted. The waiter took notes and gave me a smile before walking away.

I looked back at Jason to see him still looking at me expectantly.

I snorted knowing what he is thinking. "No we're not getting this week or the next. Are you crazy?"

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Why not? What's stopping us?"

"Jason, wedding needs preparation. And today is Saturday. What do you mean 'this week'?"

"Next week?"

I laughed. "Have you forgotten about Kevin and Donovan?"

"Fuck them."

"You're crazy."

"I'm very serious. I don't want a damn party. We can even go now if you want." He said.

"Jason, your mother would die. She said she wants to take care of everything."

"No. There is nothing to take care of. I don't want more than ten people at the wedding, anyways. So what's the problem?" He asked and he was actually getting annoyed, which confused me.

"Wait. You're not joking?" I asked amused and he gave me an annoyed look.

"You want to go now?" He asked again and I quickly shook my head.

"First of all, you're crazy. And second of all, I'm not getting married in black." I said referring the dress I was wearing.

"It's no big deal." He shrugged. "If you didn't have the money, you'll be getting married in anything."