Reader x Oberyn Martell (Requested by AnneBT_)

A/N- This imagine was written for AnneBT_  I hope you enjoy it.

Bravos had always been exciting, full to bursting with people with stories so vast that they would keep you entertained for hours. You had always had a talent for convincing people to talk to you and would often be found frequenting the local public house's with a smile on your face and a new friend at your side. This was how you met Oberyn. He had walked into the Public house only a few moments after yourself, a small group following him through the door and dispersing around the large room. You smiled as he sauntered up to stand beside you at the bar, giving the pretty barmaid a nod as she brought out some wine for him. "Thank you, My Dear," he told her softly, turning slightly to glance at you where you sat perched on your stool. "How on earth did I miss such a beauty sitting right beside me?" he asked you, his voice low enough that no one else would hear his words. You let out a light chuckle at his words and smiled up at him. "My name is Oberyn Martell, what is your name, my sweet flower?"

"Y/N," you told him, holding out your hand to shake his. "How is it that a Prince of Dorne came to be in my local public house?"

He let out a loud laugh, turning his body to face you fully, "You know much more than I thought you would," he started, watching as you raised an eyebrow at him.

"I make it my business to know more than people will ever expect," you responded quickly.

"Come and drink with me, I could use the company," he told you with a wide smile and you simply nodded as you got to your feet, taking your cup in your hand as you followed him to a secluded corner of the bar.

After that the two of you seemed to hit it off, spending most of your free time together, and one thing quickly led to another until you woke up one morning wrapped in his arms. There was nothing more sweet than the feeling of his lips pressing to the skin on your back as he opened his eyes, causing you to smile and chuckle and you arched your spine slightly.

"Good morning," he mumbled, his lips still ghosting over your skin as you twisted your neck to glance over your shoulder at him.

You hummed in agreement, "Yes, I do believe it is."

There was something about Oberyn which made you mad, made you forget every single thing you had ever learned, and made you lose all of you prior inhibitions. "Tell me, My Love, how it came to be that someone so beautiful is yet unmarried," he uttered, shifting to rest over you with a smile on his face.

"No one has ever been brave enough to ask," you answered him softly, pulling him down to kiss you.

"More fool them," he started as he pulled away and you chuckled slightly.

"Is that an offer, My Darling?" you asked through your laughter and he simply smiled at you.

"It is a promise that some day, perhaps soon, I will marry you."

"I like that promise," you murmured, shifting slightly to turn Oberyn over onto his back, your head resting on his chest. Oberyn laughed as his hands ran down your side, stopping when he reached your hip, and caressing the spot repetitively.

"I think I love you," Oberyn muttered softly into the room, his smile so wide as he glanced down at you that it made your heart do somersaults.

"Well, I know I love you." He chuckled again at your words, giving your hip a squeeze as he craned his neck to kiss you again.

*Time Skip*

"Fuck," you grumbled to yourself, pacing around your room as you attempted to think of any other logical reason for you to have missed your bleed for the second time. You would have to tell Oberyn, he would know what to do, but there was something in you that ached to keep it a secret, if only for a few more days. Eventually you would have to tell your father, or at some point he would notice as your stomach swelled with the child inside it.

You continued to pace the room when a knock came on the door, and you hurried over to glance through the peep hole, only to find your father waiting on the other side. You pulled the door open, mustering a smile as his eyes landed on you. "Good afternoon Y/N," he grumbled as he walked past you and into your room, "I had a visitor this morning that I thought you ought to know about," he began and your eyebrows knitted together as your brow furrowed.

"Who was it?" you asked him softly, gesturing for him to take a seat, though you stayed on your feet.

"Oberyn Martell," he started causing your head to shoot up to look at him, "he asked me for your hand in marriage," he continued and your eyes went wide.

"And what did you tell him?"

"No daughter of mine is running off to live in Dorne, I told him to leave."

"Father," you exclaimed, shaking your head, "Oberyn and I have been courting for a few months now, I would have liked to have been included in this decision."

"I'm sorry Y/N, but I don't trust the man and I'm not having throw your life away to move to the other side of the world." You sighed as he spoke.

"I want to marry him, Father," you told him softly and you saw his shoulders slump.

"I won't allow it," he answered you quietly before getting to his feet and making his way out of the door, ending the conversation before it had truly begun.

*Time Skip*

You hurried down the street towards the inn Oberyn had been staying at, glancing around you as often as possible to check you weren't being watched. When you finally reached the door you paused momentarily, taking a deep breath as you looked at the people on the street. No one seemed suspicious, though it would be unlikely for you to recognise anyone your father had hired to watch you. When you finally got inside Oberyn had met you with a kiss to the lips and a long hug.

"I'm sorry, Darling," he spoke, his words muffled against your neck.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," you answered him quickly, shifting to look up at him, "my father can be pig headed but he will come around eventually."

His hand came to rest on your stomach, "Will it be soon enough?" he asked you softly and your eyes fell closed.

"How did you know?"

"You have been sharing my bed for over two months, and there has not been a time when you cannot," he started and you released a sigh. Of course he had known, and probably before you had.

"He'll kill me if I have a child out of wedlock," you started, feeling Oberyn's arms wrap around you once again.

"You wont," he told you softly. "We can still marry, once it is done we can tell him."

"Are you suggesting we run away together to get married?" you asked him quietly and he let out a small chuckle.

"I guess I am," he answered you and you smiled slightly.

"There is no one in the world that I would rather run away with," you told him, leaning up and pressing a kiss to his lips.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x