Chapter 9 - Royalty

'KNOCK' 'KNOCK'

I was laying in my bed, sleeping better than I ever had before, when I suddenly heard a knock on my door.

"Agh! Who is it!?" I yell, slightly irritated that I'm being woken up from such a nice slumber.

"It's Fiora! Wake up! It's almost noon!" She says with an annoyed tone in her voice.

"What! Why didn't you wake me up sooner! I don't want to miss breakfast!" As much as I liked sleeping in this bed, breakfast was something that I woul- no, something that I "couldn't" miss. I quickly jump from my bed and run towards my door. But, as I opened the door, I realized. I forgot to put on my cloak.

When the door was opened enough for us to see each other, I stood still there, beating myself up silently.

"Well... good morning." I smiled wryly since I knew that I messed up. The reason I got that cloak was for the sole purpose of avoiding this situation. How could I make such a stupid mistake so early.

We stood there for a few seconds, looking at each other. Fiora was shocked from seeing my appearance while my forehead had started sweating.

After closer inspection in the light, she had a very slim figure. Her hair was long and black and so were her ears and tail. Her eyes were crimson red and she seemed only slightly olde-, younger than me. I have to remember I'm now five years older now. She wore some light armor on her and had a pair of daggers sheathed behind her. She also had a cloak slightly greener than mine but almost as dark, which she must use whenever she goes out in public.

After snapping out of my daze, I instantly moved to grab my cloak but before I could Fiora grabbed my hand.

"You're... like me?" She said as she pointed at herself.

I looked back at her and raised my hand slightly. "Not exactly." I said as I gestured for her to let my hand go.

After she looked at her hand she immediately let go and tried to reorganize herself.

"Sorry! It's just that this is a big surprise." She said as she started apologizing.

"Don't worry about it, I'll explain a little bit once we leave, is that alright?" I ask her but really I wasn't planning on taking no for an answer. After she found out that I was similar to a beastkin, there was no way I could avoid this topic like it was a rotten apple on the road.

"Yes it's ok." She says as I grab my cloak and start walking beside her toward the tables.

Once we sit down the waiter from yesterday walks to our table. When he sees me his face becomes gloomy as he asks us what we would like.

"Could I have the breakfast special." Says Fiora as she looks at the waiter.

"Of course Miss." He then turns to face me. "And you Sir?"

"I'll have the same as her." I don't know many dishes so I'll just take whatever. Not like it'll kill me anyway.

"Understood. Are you going to order the same amount as yesterday?" He says as his face seems to be getting paler. Unfortunately for him he answer was yes.

"Yes, but five plates more." I say without the slightest hint of hesitation. I love seeing their reactions.

The waiter seems to have lost all the blood in his face. If I didn't know better I'd have thought he had just died. In fact I think I saw a little part of his soul leave his body. Must be my imagination. Although if he did die then I'd just bring him back to bring me some more food.

"Ahem! I see. Understood we will bring your food in some time." He says with a sad smile as he walks away.

Once he's gone Fiora faced me.

"What did you do to him? He looks like he just saw death itself!" She asks with a serious face.

I laughed inside when she said that. The line was just too perfect. Oh, thank you Modra for this. This... is just too perfect.

"You'll see soon enough." I smile devilishly as I said that. I don't feel anything for the waiter, I am more than happy to do this.

Once the waiter came back after what felt like an eternity, it seemed like the staff had followed him in bringing all the plates towards us.

When I looked at Fiora she seemed confused from all the food that was being brought.

"Your order sir." The waiter then placed some of the plates on the table and while most of the others had to keep holding the plates. Eventually, some from yesterday just brought some tables and placed the rest of the dishes there.

"Thank you." I say as Fiora stares at me with her eyes widened.

After eating our food, Fiora, along with the staff and the customers that were around yesterday, looked shocked as I ate so much food. After all, sixty five plates of food being eaten by a person isn't natural. Of course I myself am not natural.

Although I was sort of sad since I wasn't full yet, I had to stop because all of the food in supply would be gone.

When Fiora and I eeturned our keys we started heading toward the stable since the waiter had said that there were horses there.

Although I had borrowed a lot of money from the noble I was too lazy to pay a gold coin just to be given 85 silver as change for a carriage, so I ended up buying two horses for one gold.

Once the horses were saddled up and ready for departure, we started making our way back in the direction I had come from.

While on the road Fiora was getting more curious.

"Sooo..." I heard Fiora trying to get my attention.

"What is it?" I knew what she was going to say but I ended up asking anyway.

"Are you a beastkin like me? If so which tribe are you from? " She asks.

"Not exactly, as for my 'tribe' my mother was a dragon and my father... I don't know but most likely a human." I tried explaining without telling her that my mother is actually a goddess.

When I told her this she suddenly had a surprised expression, again. This girl and her reactions toward me. What is going on, everything I do surprises her.

"Dragon!? Are you serious!?" She asks while yelling. I mean I did just tell you, right?

"Yes, is that it?" Please no more questions. I'm not a good liar.

"That explains a lot." She says softly.

"What do you mean?" Is there something that I did?

"Well, it explains why you're able to eat so much. Also it might be the reason why your aura is different. And now I know why you hide yourself. If humans knew what you were then they would try to kill you thinking that you were a member of the Drache Royal Family... You're not a member of the royal family are you?" She asks with interest in her eyes.

"No! I-I don't even know who my father is and I am pretty sure my mother isn't royalty!" After all she's a goddess, but I can't say this.

Also I can't believe it, if the guards had seen who I was then I would have been attacked on he spot. It's a good thing I can't be killed but it's even better I didn't get caught.

She seems surprised by what I said but I can tell she's still curious.

I'm glad that she didn't ask about my magic, it's better that way. After answering some of her questions, we start focusing on the road and any monsters that may show up.