4. Your Brain Is As Big As My Thigh Gap

Light from the window washes over me and I sit up, frowning that it's another day of school. I get myself ready and head downstairs for breakfast - except I only have a glass of water. When I'm finished, I clean my teeth and head for my car, locking the house behind me.

At school, everyone is milling around, talking or finishing some last-minute homework.

I find my way to my locker and drop my bag, grabbing out my timetable from my diary. Deciding I don't want to have to keep taking out my diary, I take a photo of my timetable and have a look at what classes I have on.

Nerves surge through me as I see what I have on second after drama: P.E.

Anyone that knows me knows that I loathe P.E. It's the worst class because I have to move and run. High jump, long jump and running are my least favourites.

I can't propel all of my weight over a beam and then expect the mattress to bounce me back up when I land instead of sinking underneath my weight.

Long jump means I also have to propel myself and then be good at balancing so I don't fall over and have my top fly up, revealing all of the layers of - no not clothes - fat.

Running is pretty much the same. It is the worse of the three though because we usually have to do it as a warmup every P.E lesson. It annoys the shit out of me.

Thank God I remembered to bring my sports uniform and shoes to school this morning or I would be doomed to run in jeans and in converse.

I sigh and unlock my locker, grabbing out my drama book; I can come back to get my sports stuff before the class actually starts.

While waiting for Thomas to greet me, I sit, scrolling through Instagram. Slow footsteps make their way towards me. Thomas is here, I think. I look up, smiling, but instead of meeting Thomas's blue eyes, I meet brown ones; Bailey's.

"Hey, Martina," he says, sitting down beside me. "How are you?"

I'm aware that I sit straighter, seeking to hide the rolls that I hope no one can see through my shirt. "Yeah, I'm good," I say, feeling confused that he's suddenly interacting with me. "How are you?"

"Pretty good," he smiles at me, his brown eyes twinkling. "Do you have drama and sports first up?"

"Yeah," I say.

"Cool. So do I."

I sit staring at the ground when a question pops up in my head. "Why aren't you hanging with your friends?"

Bailey looks slightly startled. "I just thought you looked a bit lonely..."

I chuckle and say sarcastically, "Gee, thanks."

"No," Bailey starts, "I don't mean it like that. I just thought you'd like some company I guess."

"Well, thank you," I say, genuinely, "I was just waiting for Thomas but it looks like he could be either late or not here."

"Oh," Bailey's lips quirk down slightly. "If he's not here, I'll keep you company for the day." Bailey smiles at me and - I know this sounds cliche but - I'm lost in his gaze.

Somehow, I find myself wishing that Thomas would suddenly get sick and have to stay home, or that - if I had a shred of luck - he'd at least turn up halfway through the day.