Thirty Eight: Answer

Oikawa sent a menacing glare towards the intruders who turned out to be Hanamaki and Matsukawa.

"Yeah, you did", he snapped, the blush slowly disappearing from his cheeks. On the contrary, [Name]'s face became even redder as a new wave of embarrassment overflew her.

"Sorry, captain, but the practice is starting soon and you're still in your school uniform", the boy with light brown hair said with strangely amused voice.

Hesitantly, Oikawa took the phone out of his pocket to check the time. As he realised how late it already was, he quickly stood up.

"We should go, [Name]-chan", he smiled to the blushing girl and stretched his hand towards her to help her with standing up.

"A-Actually, I was searching for some back entrance, or something...", she stumbled after she was already on her feet.

"It's-", Oikawa wanted to say something but his teammates cut him off.

"We'll show her where it is, so you go change".

Even though they seemed polite, Oikawa didn't look convinced. It was obvious that he didn't want to leave [Name] alone with the guys who knew about the bet and who could tell her about it anytime they wanted to. But as he couldn't think of any good excuse for not letting the girl stay with them, he sighed in surrender.

"Okay, then see you later", he said with a smile, but before he turned around and started walking in the boys' changing room's direction, he sent his friends one last warning look, which seemed to be saying 'don't you dare tell her anything'.

The boys replied with reassuring smiles and started walking in the opposite direction. [Name] followed them in silence.

"So", Hanamaki spoke up after a while, "how's your relationship with Oikawa going?", he asked without turning his head to [Name] who was walking slightly behind him.

She opened her mouth to reply, but the boy was faster.

"We know that you're not really his girlfriend, that's why we're asking", he added.

[Name] felt her cheeks getting warm at the memory of Oikawa closing up to her just a while ago.

"W-Well, I don't really know", she dodged the question.

"But you like him, don't you?", the boy kept inquiring.

The girl widened her eyes at the straightforwardness of the statement.

"I-".

"You know, Oikawa often smiles and acts cheerfully but he rarely does it with honesty", Hanamaki interrupted her and she was really thankful for that. "But when he's with you he seems to be really happy".

[Name] raised her eyebrow, but she let the boy continue.

"And, even though he's a jerk sometimes, we're also happy to see him like that. Thank you, [Name]".