The murder of Julia Wallace

You must have heard of this mystery.

Julia Wallace was a British housewife who lived at 29 Wolverton Street in Liverpool. On January 19, 1931, her husband William went to the local chessclub for a regular game. When he arrived, he was told a message was left for him by a man named Qualtrough, a name William didn’t recognize, telling him to go to 25 Menlove Gardens East. The next day, William did just that, leaving his wife at home. He ultimately discovered it was a phony address, having spent nearly an hour wandering up and down the road.

Despaired, William went home, where he was shocked to discover his wife’s bloody, beaten corpse lying in their parlor.[1] Police arrested William about two weeks later, convinced he had left himself a phony message, as the call came from a box only a few hundred yards from his chess club. Even though most of the evidence against him was circumstantial, William was convicted and sentenced to death.

William’s case was brought up to the Court of Criminal Appeal, which rarely overturned jury decisions. However, the Court decided this case warranted it, and William was set free. To this day, no other person has been charged with the crime, and it remains unsolved.

My conclusion
If her husband was the real murderer, he surely covered up well. He must've killed her because she had another relationship or either a secret that supposed to stay between them but she was threatening to tell it to someone... He could have also been psycho.
I honestly don't know who or why the person murdered her, but share your thoughts