Chapter 86

Ash's POV

I hurried downstairs to Dad's workshop. I looked in and I sighed in relief. (Y/n) was up and fine. I remembered what I had in my back pocket. I swallowed hard. I walked in and waved to her with a smile. She smiled back, looking a little tired. Dad seemed to know why I was there.

"(Y/n), you need to eat. Why don't you go get some breakfast?" He said.

"Okay, Dad." She replied. She hugged me before leaving. "Thank for helping me, Ash." I smiled a little.

"Hey, that's what I'm here for, heheh." She kissed my cheek and then she left. I turned to my dad.

"You know why I'm here, don't you?" I asked.

"I would like to see the test." He replied. I handed him the test and he sighed. "I'm assuming you think the test is correct?" I looked at him, confused.

"Wait, what? Well yeah, I think it's correct. Don't you?" I asked.

"No. I do not." He replied.

"Then what was that all about!? Why the hell would my little sister before throwing up blood!? I know that still isn't normal, but it's not like (Y/n)'s a human anymore!"

"Ash calm down!" He said. He sighed. "It is physically impossible for her to get pregnant. I ran a test of my own. She isn't pregnant." He said. I frowned.

"Then why did that happen?" I asked.

"Something that happened last night triggered a reaction in her body and it wasn't a good one. I'm afraid...her and Connor or no longer compatible." I was shocked. 

"What!? Dad, if you tell her that it'll crush her!" I said.

"I said they are no longer compatible, that doesn't mean they can't still be intimate." He said. I thought about it.

"Well fine, then why can't (Y/n) get pregnant?" I asked.

"Because Connor is an android and now she is a cyborg! With you boys it's different! She is a girl who had to have part of her system replaced! I never wanted this to happen to her, or any of you for that matter. I'm sorry Ash, but she can no longer have children, no matter who she marries." I was shocked. I had to sit down.

"What....what are we going to tell her?" I asked. He frowned sadly. 

"The only thing we can tell her. The truth."

"Wait...by why did the test turn up positive?" I asked.

"Once again. She is not fully human anymore. Simple technology would get confused with situations it's not built for. In my opinion, we had a fifty-fifty shot with what it would turn up as." He said. I frowned. I tried not to show how hard this hit me. I know it was my sister and not me, but that's exactly why it hit me so hard. I could live without having kids of my own. I never wanted kids anyway. I'd be a lousy father. But (Y/n)....even when she was little and denied with a fiery passion that she wanted to get married and have kids...I knew the truth. She wanted a family of her own. I knew this would hurt her. I sighed. Can't we catch a break? After all the shit we've all been through? I stood up.

"Thanks, Dad." I said. He nodded. I left, preparing myself for the tears that were about to come.

Your POV

You were having some pancakes that Connor had made. Your father had told you not to worry about anything, but you were all too eager to get back to the bathroom and look at the test. Then, Ash walked in. You smiled at him.

"Hey, Ash! Come try the pancakes Connor made! They taste amazing!" You said. Connor chuckled.

"I'm sure they're just like how Carl makes them." He said. You smiled at him.

"Yeah, I will in a minute sis. Hey, um, I need to...talk to you." He said. You frowned.

"Ash? What's wrong?" You noticed Zane looking at him nervously. Ash caught his gaze and you saw the grim look the shared. 

"(Y/n), now would be best." He said. You looked at Connor. You thought of what this would be about. 

"Can Connor come?" You asked. He nodded. You both left while Kent, Scarlett, Sam, Nia, Carl, and April all looked to Zane for answers.

"What's going on?" Connor asked. Ash sighed.

"Listen, guys....um....there's something I have to tell both of you." You smiled a little.

"I think I know what it is." You said.

"No...no you really don't." He replied. You frowned.

"Ash, what are you talking about?" You asked. 

"(Y/n) there no other way I can say this! It's not possible, okay!?" You felt your blood run cold.

"W-what?" He sighed.

"I talked to Dad. It's impossible for you to have children." Connor looked shocked and confused.

"Wait..what's going on? What do you mean?" He asked. Ash sighed. The skin went away on one of his arms and he grabbed Connor's hand, showing him everything that happened. Connor looked shocked. You were crying by now. He quickly pulled you into his arms, trying to comfort you.

"(Y/n). I-I'm so sorry." He said. 

"It's not your fault Connor." You replied, voice hoarse with grief. 

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)." Ash said. You sniffed back your tears.

"Just forget it." You said. He looked heartbroken himself as he walked away. Connor held you close.

"(Y/n)...I know this is hard for you...if I'm being honest, it is for me too, but I want you to remember something, okay?" 

"W-what's t-that?" You asked, looking up at him teary-eyed. He gently wiped them away with his thumb.

"Remember, you'll always have me." His smile was so sweet and his voice was so soft that you couldn't help but smile at him. You kissed him. Your arms wrapped around him.

"I know. I-I know I w-will."