Chapter 88

I KNOW
I KNOW I WAS GONE!
I'm sorry guys. I have been so busy. I have been sick*cough* (still am) and well...
I'm actually in SPAIN right now!
I'm on vacation in Spain so I don't have time to write at all.
Now, I will try to make this chapter long. BUT it won't be long. Just sit back and-
Enjoy
Love you!
******

"As much as I hate to agree with him I think that he was right. It is time for you to accept the oath, Gabriella. I think that you sha'll go through Omertá" Christofer said, making my stomach drop.

How was I going to give myself to this man? If I agreed then I would become a traitor to my family. An outcast 

"Chris, I-" I started to stutter in shock.

"I can't do that!" I exclaimed, making him sigh.

"You have the become an official member of the family sooner or later" He said. His words left me speechless. It made it seem like he wanted me to me to join. Like he was expecting for that to happen sooner or later.

"I have to? You say it like you've always expected for that to happen" I said.

His fingers curled up against my shoulders as he stared straight into my eyes. I gasped, feeling surprised by the gesture.

"Prove me your loyalty, princess. Why is it such a big deal for you?" He questioned, making me scoff even tho his words burned my mind.

"Why is it such a big deal? It means I'll be selling my soul to you! I cannot hand myself to you in a golden platter. I need to be sure that my safety and the safety of my family is guaranteed. If I agree to do the omertá then I'm putting everyone at risk!" I exclaimed.

"Is your family what you're worried about?" He asked me as hid hands slid off my shoulders. He began to cough and I shook my head, rubbing my hands against his back in a calming manner.

"Chris, you have to realize how big of a deal this actually is" I sighed.

"You have been born into a Mafia Family. It is your duty to continue the line and accept the oath" I said the words burning my tounge.

I was also born into a Mafia family. It was my duty to accept the oath. But for my family. Accepting the oath for the Santobello's would mean betraying the Abandonatto's. I was an Abbandonato...

But then again. Who was I? An Abandonatto who hasn't done anything for the family for the past four years? Or a member of the Santobello's who actually did something good?

I didn't know the answer.

"Your information about the Mafia is enough. You are working for the mafia, Gabriella" He said. 

Not for my Mafia!

"That doesn't mean anything! Yes, I did have to spend time at the Mafia. But not by my will. I never chose that life" I said.

"Do you not like the life you have now?" He asked me as he began to cough. I frowned because of his words. Yes, my life wasn't perfect. But I didn't hate being here.

Well, not until at least yesterday.

"No" I shook my head.

"I do like it" I added quickly.

"Then?" He asked me, raising his eyebrow.

"If I agree to this then I will officially sign myself over to you" I whispered.

"Are you implying that now you belong to anyone else but me?" He voiced, making my stomach drop. Did he just call me his?

"What did you say?" I questioned not believing his words.

"I don't like to repeat. You understood me" He said, making me scoff.

"I am my own person, Chris. I do not belong to anyone. I am not a subject you can possess" I exclaimed even though his words left my cheeks red.

"Hmm" A deep rumbling sound came from his chest as he leaned closer to me. I took a deep breath as I watched him study my face. His mouth stopped next to my ear and I shivered as I felt his hot breath fan my cheek.

"I think that kiss changed a lot of things, princess" He whispered, making the hairs on my neck stand up.

"What do you mean?" I asked breathlessly.

"Gabriella, sweetheart. You handed yourself to me the day you agreed to work for me" He said quietly as his lips brushed against my face. My breath hitched in my throat and I struggled to breath.

"So you own me now?" I asked quietly. I could see the small smirk light up his face as he heard the words.

"I do not own you like an object" He said.

"Then what?" I questioned.

"You are my wing woman. My Gabriella. My woman" His deep voice rumbled, making me gasp. 

"I want go be your woman!" The words rang in my ears, making the blood drain from my face. I was so emberassed.

"My Princess" He said.