Chapter 87

You didn't do anything for the rest of the day. You just sat on the couch, Connor staying by your side. The news had hit you harder than ever. You had been so hopeful for a child...but now it could never happen. You thought of adoption...but something didn't feel right about it anymore. They would be my child...but not MY child.... More tears were in your eyes in seconds. You felt Connor kiss your cheek.

"Shh...it's okay, sweetheart. It's gonna be okay." He tried to sooth you. You nuzzled your face into his shirt. He held you closer. 

"Connor?"

"Yes, love?" He asked.

"Do you think I would've been a good mother?" You asked. He kissed the top of your head.

"Of course you would, love." He replied softly.

"Do you think...they would've been embarrassed by me?" You whimpered.

"What? Why would they be embarrassed?" He asked.

"Because...look at me. I'm a freaking cyborg and I'm such an emotional wreck." You cried. He kept running his fingers through your hair.

"No you're not. I know you're not. Besides, I bet they'd love you even more then. Nobody else would have a mother like you, now would they?" He said. You chuckled a little through your tears.

"Y-you think?" You asked.

"I know." He replied. "Do you want to be a family?" He asked. You looked at him, surprised. "Were you hoping you were pregnant?" 

"I...I want to have your child." You admitted. He cupped your cheek.

"We still can. Maybe your father can make one for us. Um...sorry, that sounded weird..." Connor said. You laughed. You kissed his nose.

"You're such a dork." You chuckled as the tears started to stop. He smiled at you.

"I can live with that. As long as I'm your dork." He replied, gently pressing his forehead against yours. You smiled at him. You wrapped your arms around his neck.

"You'll always be mine." You said before kissing him. He kissed back, his tongue meeting yours as the kiss escalated. You both moaned into the kiss. You felt your heart beating faster. Connor could feel it too. Soon enough you broke away and smiled at each other.

"I love you, (Y/n)."

"I love you too, Connor."

"No matter what, you will always, always, have me." He said.

"And you'll always have me too." You replied. You both shared another kiss, never wanting it to end.

Kent's POV

I was with April. Zane had told us everything about what happened with (Y/n) and Connor. I sighed. She looked over at me.

"What's wrong honey?" She asked.

"I don't know. I guess all of this has just got me thinking about...things." I said.

"Would you want to have a child with me?" She asked. I blushed insanely.

"W-WHAT?! I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you think-"

"Calm down Kent." She said, cupping my cheek. I calmed down, smiling a little.

"Sorry." I said shyly. She kissed me. I kissed her back, pulling her in close to me. We broke it an smiled at each other.

"I wouldn't mind having a baby." She said, making me blush and I swore my nose was so close to bleeding out.

"I-I-I...u-um....y-you wouldn't?" I asked.

"If I could pick any man to have a child with, I can honestly say it would be you." She replied. I smiled.

"I could say the same to you. B-but of course I mean woman! It's not like I'd have a kid with a guy- I-I MEAN-! Jesus, I'm such an idiot." I grumbled. She chuckled.

"I like idiots. You're a cute idiot." She teased. I smiled. 

"I love you." She kissed my nose.

"I love you too, Kent."

Scarlett's POV

I felt so bad for my sister. She was so heartbroken about the news. I felt even worse knowing that I was getting married soon and I could have children. I wanted children. I thought of maybe something I could do to give them a baby, but I knew she would say no. Besides, when the kid found out that would just be weird. I was with Sam. Nia was playing with the pets. Nova and Snow were healing perfectly, so it was okay.

"I know you feel bad, but there's nothing we can do, princess. It's not your fault." He said, kissing my temple. I gave him a half hearted smile.

"Yeah, I know." I replied. He frowned.

"You feel bad because you can still have kids, don't you?" He asked. 

"It's just not fair! All I wanted was my little sister to have a family of her own and now what? Hasn't she been through enough!? Sure she's got Connor, but they'll never be able to have a family! I just feel so guilty knowing that I can have everything she can't. I'd do anything for my sister....if she'd let me." He kissed me.

"Well, I know this might sound kind of selfish, but maybe us having a family will be enough for her. She'll have Connor and some beautiful nieces or nephews. If I know (Y/n), she'll treat them like her own. Maybe we can have a family for them, in a way." He said. I smiled a little.

"I love that idea, but...it just won't be the same for her." I said.

"I know Scarlett...I know."