NINETEEN

RE TRO FUTURE RETRO FUTURE

TRIPLE H —

they drove for a while longer in silence, listening to the radio. when daniel ceaser was playing, hyojong hummed (horribly) lightly, but no more noise came from the trio, until hyuna spotted a clothes store.

"can we stop there? i wanna get a dress."

hyojong and hui inwardly groaned, but hui popped the trunk with his keys. "thank you!" she grinned, planting a kiss on his cheek. they stopped the car, and hyuna ran out to the back and gathered money. then, she dashed to the store.

hyojong started to speak.

"remember when i called you a dumb bitch after you punched me?"

"yes, quite vividly."

"oh. sorry."

"it's fine," hui yawned, turning up the stereo louder. they were parked awkwardly, kind of in two spaces at once. thank god this part of town wasn't too busy. plus, it was getting dark.

ten minutes later, hyuna ran out in the multicolored, silky dress. she was screaming something. hyojong and hui started the engine, trading fearful looks. following close behind was a scruffy old man, who was tossing metal hangers at her. she got closer, and they could make out what she was yelling oh so frantically.

"open the fucking door, you crackwhores!"

hyojong reached behind him in his seat and unlocked the car door. she slipped inside, slamming it shut behind her. "drive!" she screeched.

they raced off, tires squealing. hyuna rolled down the window and flipped off the man behind her, sticking out her tongue.

"what the literal fuck, hyuna?"

"i stole it."

hui almost slammed on the brakes, but instead he inwardly screamed. "you had money?.?!?"

"this was more fun," she breathed, out of breath. she stopped, then spoke again. "also, he recognized me from multiple security tapes."

hui slammed on the breaks, sending hyuna flying forward. she caught herself with the heads of the seats. "yes. now drive!"

"not until-"

hyojong coughed. "can you two shut the fuck up and just drive?"

the car was silent.

they saw fireworks in the distance, and sped off to them, slowing down when they saw police cars. at the site, they got out of the car and watched the colours explode in the sky - mesmerized. all of them matched colours on hyuna's dress. hyojong rested his head on hui's shoulder while hyuna leaned her head on his other shoulder. hui wrapped his arms around both of them and pulled them in for a kind of hug.

it was silent for a minute, only the sounds of explosions in the sky remaining.

suddenly - there were sirens.

"put your hands up where we can see them!"

hyojong's skin went cold, hyuna's heart stopped, hwitaek stopped breathing.