12

Rose POV

I walk back to my desk after assuring that Mr.Kim was settled into the meeting with the editing department. Jimin is suppose to be in that meeting. I could imagine the awkward atmosphere in there already. I yawn it's already been a rough day and it's only 2 pm.

I wanna go home already. I arrive at my desk but pause when I see a figure standing there. "Jimin? What're you doing you here? Your department has a meeting with Mr.Kim."

"I know. I'm not going.."

"You're trying so hard to get fired aren't you?" He chuckled. "I don't know if he'll let me go.." Jimin sighed

"What do you mean by that?" I walk closer, put my notebook down on my desk and face him. "Look, I'm sorry that I used you and said that you were just a get out of jail free card. That's not how I see you at all. I'm really grateful for you coming to help." Jimin rubbed the back of his neck. I could see that he felt guilty, but I didn't get why. And I certainly didn't get why he was thanking me. I didn't help at all.

"But I could barely doing anything. In the end. I ended up doing the opposite of what you called me there for. I even ended up getting you in trouble." I looked down in shame.

"No, no, not at all. You really did help." He shook his head assuring me. "Jimin, can I ask you something?"

"Is it about Namjoon?" He sighed and leaned on my desk. "..yea"

"Go ahead."

"What was that all about? Why are you both saying that you aren't gonna get fired? Why didn't y-" before I could finish my office phone beeped.

"Rose-ssi, I need you down here please."
It was Mr.Kim. I looked back at Jimin with apologetic look.

"*sigh* how about we meet after work? You seem a bit busy right now." He smiled. I nod my head. "Cafe at 6?"

"Ok. I'll meet you then." I smile.

••

I rush into the cafe across the street. It was 6:30 right now. I was flooded with paper work at the last minute. I swear there's definitely a few people that have no idea what their doing at work. And all that work ends up going to me before going to Mr.Kim.

I open the door and sigh to see Jimin sitting near the window. "Hey! I'm sorry I'm late. Last minute paper work..I hope you didn't wait long." He chuckles

"It's fine. You must be stressed."

"Well it's less work then before the stores launched. But renovations and new blueprints are being made, so I gotta prepare for some fun times." I say sarcastically, he chuckled. The waiter comes over and I make my order.

"Jimin, I'm sorry if I'm digging too much into Mr. Kim's and your past. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have t-"

"It's fine, Rose. Seriously..it was bound to happen anyway." He smiled. The waiter came back with my drink. I thank her and turn my attention back to Jimin.

"..Namjoon and I used to be very close. But a few years ago, before you came, there was a rat in the company."

"You mean someone from another company tried to steal from RM Corp?" I asked. "Yup. Dean Incorporation. They've always been in second place. RM Incorporation was a small company but once Namjoon and his dad were finally able to raise themselves to the top, Dean Co. was always below them. Maxwell Helth, CEO, ever since RM Corp. had gotten to the top he's been trying everything to surpass RM Corp." He takes a sip from his drink and continues.

"Everything he tries ended up failing. Eventually it got to the point where he would go to any lengths, even getting illegal help from overseas, or at least that's what was rumored."

"Why would you guys think that?" I asked

"He has cloth material from countries that Korea doesn't have connections with. He finally made up the conclusion that the only way to surpass RM Corp. was to take from it."

"Well that's a stupid conclusion." I say rolling my eyes. Jimin laughed. "I know right."

"Anyway, he sent a rat into the building. Specifically into our design facility. Namjoon's designs were leaked and stolen. We spent months trying to figure out who it was. When we finally found them, most of the designs had been leaked, some had made their way over to Dean Corps. But you know what's funny? Even with all that Dean Corp. didn't surpass RM Corps."

"Well I feel bad for Maxwell, he must've wasted a lot of money." Me and Jimin both chuckle. "Wait but is this the reason you and Mr.Kim aren't on good terms?" I asked confused to why he was telling me this story. He sighs. "The mole that was hired, he was a friend of mine that I recommend to Namjoon. So of course it pinned me to the crime as well."

"Why didn't you tell them you had nothing to do with it?"

"It's not that simple. We hired a professional to solve it and he looked through every detail, it all ended up saying that I had some part in what happened."

"And Mr.Kim believed it?"

"Namjoon only trusts facts and all the facts led to the conclusion that I was involved. And this 'professional' was pretty convincing when he was telling Namjoon."

"Oh..but he didn't fire you..?"

"That's the part I can't seem to figure out either. The entire managing department told him to fire me..but here I am." He smiled but I could see that he was forcing it.

"Jimin I want to help you." I sit up straight staring at him. "What do you mean?"

"When you called me, the one thing you told me not to do was to tell Mr.Kim and I wasn't able to do that. So let me help you clear your name." Jimin looked at me surprised at what I said. Then he smiled. "I appreciate the thought, but this is my battle and my problem. I'm not gonna ask you to do that."

"It wasn't a question and it wasn't a request from you. It's something I want to do." I stared with a straight face. "Rose it's fine. It's not your fault that Namjoon came there. He was bound to find out about what happened eventually."

"That didn't change my mind. I still want to help." We both started at each other, then he chuckled. "You're not gonna give up are you?" He leaned back in his chair.

"Nope. I like to finish the tasks I'm given. Since the one you gave me had failed please allow me to do this for you."

"You're not my assistant, you don't need to talk so formally. Relax Rose." He laughed.

We paused for a second until Jimin spoke again. "Hmm, since you're doing something for me, it would only be fair for me to return the favor no?"

"I'd rather you not."

"Why? It'll just be something nice, I'm doing as a friend. Not as something you need to pay back to me or anything."

"..I guess"

"Great! Tomorrow, 6:00 pm. Be ready. Send me your address, I'll pick you up." He quickly finished the last sips of his drink and got up to leave.

"Wear something nice!"