12

Third Person POV

"Damnit!" Norman yelled at his computer screen.

"What is it now, dad?" Harry asked, getting annoyed. Norman was under house arrest, and Harry was just about done with dealing with him. He was going to jail in a month or so.

"Nothing, Harry. Go eat a water bottle or something," Norman said. Harry tolled his eyes and walked back to his room. He hadn't seen (Y/n) in months. Since his father couldn't leave the house, Harry was forced to take care of him. He barely left the house.

"I can't believe Chris failed me," Norman mumbled to himself.

"I must kill (Y/n) Stark. If it's the last thing I do," he said, pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

"Curt, it's time."

Peter's POV

School was starting back up today, and I was excited to see Ned and Michelle again. I barely talked to them over break, since the mission took up most of my time.

"Ready for school?" May asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah," I said. I sat at the table and ate a bowl of cereal. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see two texts.

Ned: ready to see you today my brother

Bella: ᵉᵃᵗ ᵐʸ ᵃˢˢ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ᵗᵉᵉᵗʰ ᶠᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵛᵉᵒᵐ

I nearly choked on my cereal when I read Bella's text, and this earned me a weird look from Aunt May.

"I'll see you later," I said, grabbing my backpack and leaving my house. I walked down the street to Midtown high.

I walked into the building and up to my locker. (Y/n)'s locker was across the hall from mine, and I didn't see her anywhere. Probably just late.

Suddenly, Ned ran up behind me.

"Peter! How was the mission? Tell me everything."

I filled him in on the details, and he nearly screamed at every little part.

"Can I meet them?" He asked.

"Who?"

"The girls? You know? Bella, Erica, Joey, and Rosie?" Ned asked, getting anxious.

"Uh, yeah. I can arrange that," I said. I still didn't see (Y/n), and the bell just rang. Ned and I sped to class. We got there fairly early, since almost no one else was in the room yet. Dr. Thompson was, but only a couple other students.

A few minutes went by, and (Y/n) wasn't in class. I started to worry, because I haven't heard from her since Chicago. That was three days ago.

"Where's (Y/n)?" Ned asked. I shrugged.

"No idea," I said. Dr. Thompson started talking about our vocabulary words, so we decided that it was probably ideal to pay attention.

(Y/n)'s POV

"I don't see why I have to miss school for this," I said to my dad, who was walking me to the Oscorp building. Norman didn't own it anymore, but the company was still running.

"Dr. Connors is a good man. Peter's dad worked with him a lot," my dad said, opening the door for me.

"Peter's dad also worked with Norman, and we know how that turned out," I said with an eye roll. My dad just laughed and walked me to the front desk.