Chapter 9

Percy's POV

Percy's POV

Umpqua National Forest, Oregon

"My Lady why does Lord Zeus not want us to move?" Phoebe asked Artemis who was sitting on my lap eating lunch. Artemis opened to mouth when an Iris Message popped up in front of the two of us.

"Hey Chiron." I said greeting my old teacher.

"Percy. Lady Artemis." He said smiling before he turned serious. "Zoe and the questers are coming to your location."

I look at Artemis to see her looking straight into my eyes and what I saw shocked me. She looked scared.

I kissed her cheek and turned back to the IM.

"Thanks for the heads up Chiron." With that I skipped my hand through the message ending it.

"What was that about?" Thalia asked me looking at Artemis. "Who is Zoe? And why did Chiron have to give you a heads up about it?"

I looked at Artemis for answers but was met with glassy eyes. I sighed before I turned back to the Hunters.

"That was about the quest to defeat Tartarus." I took a deep breath and held Artemis closer to me. "And Zoe... Zoe is my daughter."

Silence.

I was met with silence.

Then all Chaos broke out.

"YOU CHEATED ON ARTEMIS?" They all yelled at me while I was stayed hold Artemis close to me while she started to cry.

"You disrespectful boy!"

"I never expected the god of Loyalty to cheat on Artemis!"

"I say we castrate him!"

We were interrupted by a portal opening up in the dinning tent. Out came the creator of the Universe.

Chaos.

"Percy did not cheat on Artemis." He said coming towards me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"They how would you explain that he has a daughter?" Atlanta demanded.

"Watch who you are talking to. I am Chaos creator of the Universe." He growled making all of the girls bow. "Get up! I hate when people bow. Now to answer your question, Percy didn't cheat on Artemis because Artemis is her mother."

All of the Hunters turned and looked at Artemis and I with wide eyes.

"My lady is this true?" Phoebe asked

Artemis took her head out of my now tear stained shirt and looked at Phoebe nodding, refusing to speak.

"Then wouldn't she be immort- Oh." Thalia said figuring out our secret. "Zoe isn't your demigods daughter... She's Artemis'." Artemis and I both nodded our heads confusing what she said.