2: "I've never had a one night stand before."

Chapter 2 - "I've never had a one night stand before."           

 My flat loved to pre-drink. I wasn't a huge pre-drinker, probably because I wasn't a huge drinker in general, but I joined in because I didn't want to seem boring. 

I managed to bond with Hayley over what to wear, though it was safe to say that she dressed up more than I did. Her short skirt accentuated her long, tanned legs and her huge stilettos drew even more attention to them. I, on the other hand, opted for flats, deciding that sore feet would only add more stress to the evening.

The queue to get into the venue was huge, but we spoke amongst ourselves and other people around us while we waited. Hayley was already getting chatted up and we hadn't even stepped inside yet. Shaun and I made conversation together about holidays and how we'd been spending our summers. He'd spent the summer in Italy so obviously we had a lot in common there and when I told him about Nathan, he said he'd love to get to know him better.

If I thought the queue to get in was big, it was nothing compared to the queue for the bar. I groaned to myself, but the rest of my flat headed eagerly towards it, already discussing what they should have to drink. The day had been so exhausting for me and all I wanted to do was curl up in bed and sleep. Instead, I found myself queuing for forty five minutes for a vodka and lemonade that I didn't really want. People who were lucky enough to already have drinks were milling around and chatting with each other. I watched them with mild interest for a while before my mind wandered back to Nathan and what he'd be doing right now. Last night had been so perfect, and I replayed the memory, as if that would bring me closer to him again.            

We'd stumbled into his bedroom, hands all over each other as we toppled onto his bed.

"I wanted this to be all special and romantic and stuff," he murmured, dragging his lips to my neck and sucking the skin into the heat of his mouth.

"Too late. I'm not slowing down now." I grinned, tilting my head backwards and winding my legs around his back.

"But I haven't even lit the candles," he whined.

"You haven't even bought the candles," I snickered, rolling to change our position so I was on top. I looked down into his eyes and grinned playfully. "You give a whole new meaning to the description Hopeless Romantic."

"Oh, shut up." He smirked and flipped me onto my back again, crushing his mouth to mine to stifle my laugh.

The playfulness continued as we took each other's clothes off, to the point where Nathan was torturing me with kisses all over my body. He'd joked about it not being romantic, but we had a balance and no matter how passionate we became, the romance was never lost.

As we lay together afterwards, Nathan let out a huge sigh. I rolled onto my side to face him and brushed his hair away from his eyes.

"That was a big sigh. What's up?"

He smiled slightly. "Beginning to realize just how much I'm going to miss you."

"You only realize that after sex? How charming."

He grinned and trailed his hand delicately along the side of my body, watching as it dipped into the curve of my waist and then came to rest on my hip.

"I'll miss everything about you, Bella. I'll miss your sense of humour, your laugh, the way you manage to cheer me up just by being around. I'll miss how passionate you are, how seriously you take things, and how you always strive to be a better person."

"I strive to be a better person?" I asked, raising my right eyebrow. "What about you? Look how much you've changed over the past couple of years."

He shrugged modestly. "I needed to change. You've always been a good person though."