Chapter 5

Heh. No shit.

I walk to his office and knock the door.

"Name and Business." I hear his stupid voice.

"Y/N L/N, I brought you a pickaxe." I say.

"Come in." He says. I enter the room and stand in front of the door.

"Why the Walls would I need a pickaxe?" He asks irritated.

"So you can mine a hole in the Walls and then fuck it." I smile and try not to laugh. I notice his lip twitch, but then he sets his cold facade back into place.

I drop the papers on the floor and take a few, ticking off some boxes and leaving the gap for him to sign his name. I then leave my completed pages on his desk so he just has to sign it.

He should be as happy as the Walls that I'm helping him.

"I'll be back." He stands up and leaves the room. I pretend to take no notice and I continue ticking boxes.

***

He comes back into his office and almost more than half of the stack is left on his desk for him to sign his name, and I am still ticking boxes.

I deserve an award.

He sighs and sits at his desk, then starting his pile of work. "I'm sorry Cadet Y/N" The Captain says out of the blue.

No shit its late.

"I'm not saying it again so I hope you heard." He continues.

"Was it necessary?" I finally ask.

"I said what was needed so you wouldn't get put on my squad." He bluntly says.

"Why?"

"You don't need to know... yet." He whispers the end.

I finish the last few pages and leave his office. I enter the Mess Hall and sit with my new 'squad'

"Hey, how did it go?" Mikasa asks in between drinking her soup.

"Eh, it was fine." I say tucking into a potato.

"Hi! I'm Petra! Glad to be your new squad mate." Petra smiles.

I look up at her and then continue eating. I notice her face drops but she doesn't say anything.

"Tch, Have some respect. We've been here way longer than you." Oluo then says.

"I noticed, you guys really look old." I say to the idiot with a cravat.

He tsks and continues eating his food.

The captain walks in and joins the table, all of them salute, except me.

Its not like I'm on the squad.

"Cadet Y/N, I just gave Eyebrows a letter on why you should leave my squad. Soon I won't have to see your shitty face anymore."

"I'll be glad to leave." I retort.

"Then you can start now. Leave the table." He orders.

"Like I said, Gladly." I say standing up and going to my room.

He should just fight me.

I enter my room and lay in bed for hours, trying to get an early nap.

***

"Y/N! Get up! Trost has fallen!" I hear Mikasa calls out to me during my light slumber.

I get up and immediately go to fix my straps and 3DMG.