Chapter 3

Violet's POV

I woke up the next morning when the sun hit my face. Rosalie and I had to continue our tradition of Sunday morning breakfast. I took a shower and got ready before going into the living room. As I waited for her to get ready I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched.

Maybe it was the guys from last night. I had hoped they were joking when they said they would be watching, but part of me knew they were serious. I looked out the window and didn't see the large black SUV that we had ridden in last night. Last night. I couldn't believe that Andy actually kissed me. I couldn't believe I didn't try to stop him. I didn't want him to stop. It was so strange but once he kissed me I just didn't feel like I wanted to struggle to get away anymore. Once he kissed me he didn't seem like such a bad guy. Until he threw me in the back of his blacked out car of course.

"Ready?" Rose said making me jump. I hadn't realized I was staring out the window, spacing about Andy until she startled me.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said shaking the thoughts of Andy's perfect lips out of my head.

"C'mon I'll drive." She said and we left the apartment and drove to our usual restaurant, Lucy's Cozy Kitchen. We sat down in our usual booth and we ordered our tea. "So, you want to talk about last night?" She asked me and I looked down at my mug, playing with the string on the tea bag.

I shrugged. "I mean you were there," I said quietly.

"I saw you after that kiss. You were all quiet and flustered" she smirked.

"I was surprised. The Spades came out of nowhere and tied us up on a roof. You can't tell me you would've reacted any differently if one of them stuck their tongues down your throat."

"Oh please, you liked it! Like I said last night he's totally your type,"

"My type or not, he's in a gang Rose. I'm not interested in having any sort of relationship with him" I scoffed.

"Are you being serious! I know that bad boy type turns you on." She laughed

"In movies and books! Not in real life. We witnessed a-," I got closer and whispered, "gun deal last night. Did you forget what you do for a living? This is all so messed up...Oh my god!" I exclaimed and rolled my eyes, rested my head in my hands.

"What?" She asked.

"They're here," I said as I sipped my tea.

"Keep your head down, maybe they won't see us!" She whispered

"They are here because of us and you know it." We talked with our hands covering our faces. I felt the booth dip beside me and my stomach clenched.

"Hey Sweetheart, how was your night?" I recognized Andy's voice.

"What the fuck. Are you following us?" Rose yelled as Stephen sat next to her, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"We told you that we would be watching. You don't think we are liars now do you?" Stephen said to her. I kept my gaze on my tea trying to block them out.

"First, get your arm off of me and second I don't know anything about you people," she shot at him, he didn't remove his arm like he was asked.

"Princess you'll be getting to know us really well," Stephen scooted closer towards her, she sighed not willing to put up a fight.

The waitress came over and placed the waffles I ordered in front of me. Suddenly I didn't feel like eating anymore. I thanked her and poked at it with my fork.

"Aren't you going to eat that?" Andy asked me. I looked at him for the first time that morning. Big mistake. His pale blue eyes pierced mine and I once again felt speechless. I hated this guy. Why wouldn't he just go away? I shook my head no and turned away from him to look at Rose who was pouting as she angrily ate her bagel. "You know you were much more talkative last night," Andy smirked at me and I rolled my eyes and sipped my tea. "It's not very polite to not answer someone when they speak to you." He said. I could hear him getting frustrated but I just shrugged. I felt his cold hand grab my thigh and I tensed up. It felt like lightning shot from his fingertips to my chest. Why did he think it was okay to touch me like this?

"Don't touch me," I said quietly and he smirked leaving his hand right where it was.

"You don't get to tell me what to do Sweetheart." he slowly whispered in my ear. "Got it?" I nodded slightly and rolled my eyes still looking down at my mug.

"It speaks," Stephen said talking about me, causing Andy to glare in his direction. He chuckled to himself and Rose just continued to eat away at her bagel.

A phone started going off causing Rose and me to jump. Stephen picked it up.

"Yes," he nearly shouted into the phone, the person on the other line spoke for a long time before Stephen replied again, "we will leave right now,"

He removed his arm from around Rose and stood up from the table. "Andy, boss needs us now, it's urgent" From the look on the Stephen face it wasn't anything good, his jaw was locked tight and his hands were in fists.

"Hold on Stephen, I'm having some fun." His hand trailing up my thigh, I felt the electricity go through my body. I could feel myself heating up from his touch as he dragged his fingers along the seam of my jeans. Everything in my mind wanted him to stop. He was a stranger. He couldn't keep touching me like this. And yet, it was making me blush uncontrollably. I was too scared to move.

"No Andy, we leave now!" Stephen practically screamed while grabbing Andy by the collar of his shirt pulling him out of the booth. Andy followed behind Stephen obediently.

"Thank god!" Rose sighed and I shifted in my seat. "Vi, maybe we should follow them!"

I swallowed hard trying to regain my focus and stop thinking about his chilled fingers on my leg. "You're crazy. I'm going home." I said as I placed some money on the table and stood up.

"Fine I'll go by myself, I wanna know what was so important and why they left in a bad mood. The agency would love if I got some intel" Rose got up and walked towards her car. Did she expect me to walk home? I groaned and followed her into the passenger seat.

"Fine. I'm staying in the car whenever you think you're going." I said as she backed out of the spot and began to follow the dark SUV. They were a few cars ahead of us so they wouldn't know we were following them. We got off the highway and went down a sketchy dirt road. I saw them pull into a warehouse. "Rose stop. This is too dangerous." I said.

"Oh please, you know I'm trained for this. I'm packing anyway if we need it." I rolled my eyes as she parked the car down the street from the warehouse. "Come on. We will follow them on foot." She said and I sigh and reluctantly left the car following her.

We walked up to the warehouse and I saw Andy, Stephen, Jeff and a bunch of other guys. In addition to them, there were five men standing in another crowd facing them. They seemed to all be talking peacefully. I felt Rose grab my arm as she pulled me to hide behind a small black car.

"What is this?" I asked quietly.

"I'm guessing some sort of deal. I've seen those guys before. They're Cobras, the other gang in town. Now hush I'm trying to listen." She said and I breathed deeply. What if they saw us snooping again. They would tie us up. Maybe even kill us. I couldn't quite figure out why they hadn't killed us yet considering they kill people all the time. What good are we to them alive?

"This presents a problem for us." I overheard one man say, but I couldn't figure out who said it.

"Can I help you, ladies?" A deep raspy voice asked from behind me. My stomach tightened as I turned to see a tall man with his arms crossed towering over us.

"Oh shit!" Rose cursed as the man pulled us from behind the car. "Let me go!" She tried to wiggle from his grip.

"Hey boys, look what I found listening in," we were pulled into the middle of the two groups.

"Are you two kidding me? Listening in when you shouldn't be, again?" Andy roared shaking his head. I shrugged well there goes my life of becoming a world-renowned journalist. We're dead.

"You guys know these two?" The man behind us said

"Yes, unfortunately," Andy said staring at me, Rose didn't look amused but she also didn't look that scared.

"So you won't mind us killing them?" My eyes widened. Andy looked pissed and Stephen was about to pull out his gun.

"Don't you fucking touch either of them!" Stephen yelled pointing his gun at the man. A tear ran down my face, this was it.