Fever

-Tiny time jump -

As months flew by, Coral and Kai's friendship grew stronger. Kai began to adjust more to his new life and Coral got a part time job at the coffee shop in Inkopolis Square.
However, as Autumn approached so did the season of Fevers. Cephalopods such as Inklings and Octolings often caught fevers around Fall.
At the moment, that is just what Coral has caught.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sunday Morning, 9:10 a.m

Kai watched from above on the little balcony of the apartment as Inklings we're rushing off to work or to drop off their children at school.
The sun was no longer scorching it's summer heat as leaves turned a warm palette and began to fall from their branches.

A couple of coughs could be heard from Coral's bedroom. Kai decided to get up from his spot and go check on her.

He peaked through the doorway and saw that she had just woken up.
" How are you doing today? Any better?" Kai asks with worry.

Coral weakly smiles at him and tiredly says, " A little, Even though I woke up I just feel tired all the time."

Coral became sick a few days ago and was still recovering, it was no good since she had promised to fill in one of her co-worker's spots this week.

" I know, but I promised." Coral says with tired puppy eyes

" I'm sure your co-worker will understand, don't want the customers to get sick now, do you?" Kai says as he picks up Coral's empty bowl of soup that he made last night.

" Yeah, I guess." She pouts and Kai pats her head and leaves her bedroom to place the empty bowl in the sink.

He opens the fridge to see what food he could make for the both of them today..but there was just a half a jug of orange juice and spoiled leftovers.

He sighs as he closes the fridge and decides that he will just have to make a trip to MakoMart today.

Kai picks up his squid phone and spare keys to the apartment and heads to the door.
He stops before heading out the entrance and instead he goes to check on Coral once more before he leaves.

She was asleep-again. It saddened him to see her this way because he was always used to her energetic and cheerful self around him.
He then quietly makes his way back to the front door and leaves to get groceries at MakoMart.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
- At MakoMart-

Kai looked around nervously. MakoMart was huge!
He had been here with Coral before to get groceries and he has had a few Turf War matches held here but he never payed attention to how huge it was for a supermarket.
He grabs a small basket and wanders for a bit while thinking about what he should get.

" I could just get canned soup again, but she might be tired of that..I don't know," He thought.

His eye spots an aisle up ahead with a bunch of different type of noodles.

" That's it, I will make ramen! Coral loves ramen!"
He heads to the aisle and grabs the broth and noodles and wanders off to find more shrimp chips.

   As he is walking down aisle by aisle; trying to find shrimp chips, he gets a text from Coral.
He checks his phone as he goes off to the side of the aisle to not be in the way of any other passing customers.