nineteen

kenzie's pov

i inspect my favorite black dress. it's sleeveless and mid thigh, and semi-formal. i hope john likes it. slipping it on, im careful to not smudge my makeup. i zip it up and step into my nude strappy heels, grab my phone, touch up my makeup and hair and i'm ready.

john
i'm outside

i turn my phone off and peer out the window, but i can't see anything from my room. seconds later i'm running downstairs, stopping only to give my mom a quick kiss. i throw open the door and almost gasp. johns has a car! a white convertible, which he knows is my dream car. i step outside and walk over to him.

i take a minute to check him out. he looks absolutely adorable in a white button down and black jeans and he has a black tie looped around his neck loosely, which super hot, and his face is flushed. it takes all my strength to not throw my arms around him and kiss his face off.

"you look beautiful." johnny says with a wistful smile. his eyes travel down my body quickly, and i can feel my face flush. he's checking me out too.

"thank you." i smile back, knocking him out of his trance. "you don't look bad yourself."

he laughs and opens the door for me. he's being such a gentleman it almost makes me laugh. it's so cute.

"johnny, how'd you get this car?" i ask as i climb in.

"i know a guy who runs a car place and he gave it to me for four hours for free!" john closes the door and walks over to the drivers side.

"famous people." i giggle, and he snorts.

"shut up!" he gets in.

"where are we goingggg?" i say, trying to shake the smile off of my face so i don't look like a loser. but it won't budge. and johnny won't care anyway. his expression matches mine.

"you'll see, babe." john laughs at my attempts for him to tell me as he started the car up.

"so now i'm babe?" i raise my eyebrow, but inside my heart is pounding. johnny fucking orlando, you'll be the death of me.

"yup." he says, popping the p. "you have a problem with that?"

i shrug, and we start laughing from the weirdness of it all- our first date awkwardness, yet we've already shared so many feelings and moments and kisses.

once we've settled down, johnny starts driving, and i laugh as the wind whips my hair around. i don't even care that my hair is ruined now, i know johnny will think im beautiful either way. he turns the radio on and i belt along to my favorite song, screaming out the lyrics breathlessly, and johnny joins me. it's oddly perfect.

johnny slows the car to a stop and pulls over to the side. we're parked on a road in the middle of nowhere, and i can't help but wonder what he's up to. we climb out of the car and johnny leads me to a small local park. i smile and clasp his hand. he looks so nervous. he pulls me behind two trees and some bushes to reveal a picnic set up for us.

"john, oh my god!" i squeal, turning around to face him with a huge smile. "this is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me!"

john kisses my lips quickly, pulling away before we get too carried away, and we sit down on the blanket he's laid out. we eat sandwiches and drink lemonade, and for desert he's brought brownies.

"johnny, this is honestly the cutest thing ever." i smile at him. he smiles back nervously.

"mackenzie, i wanted our first date to be special, and i also wanted to stop confusing you. i'm serious about you. i don't care if i'm leaving soon, or if we have to think about college and life and stuff. all that is unsure, but i know i'm sure about you. i like you, a lot. kenzie, will you be my girlfriend?" my heart beats rapidly. oh my god, johnny orlandos my boyfriend! how the fuck did i get so lucky? this is the most beautiful thing anyone's ever done for me!

john looks so scared and nervous that i realize i forgot to answer him. "of course, john!" i exclaim, and he pulls me on to his lap happily as we both smile like idiots for a long time. then, we kiss. we do that for a long time, too.

man idk if i like this chapter tbh but it's cute ig
quick post before school to make up for not posting for a few days
have a great day everyone! <3
—riaaa