Please Vote

It was all too easy to spot Daniel on the first day of second semester. He stuck out like a unicorn in a field of cattle. He walked with a kind of grace that no one would expect from a high school student, and it made passersby stop and stare.

Including me. Daniel's original body had been no where near the blobby, dorky mess that the Manhwa had made it out to be. Sure, he was pudgy and yes, his face looked extremely squishable, but he definitely wasn't hideous.

But New Daniel. Tall Daniel. BEAUTIFUL Daniel in his new, improved form, was a vision. His skin was flawless and glowing, his eyes were large and deep. My eyes were drawn to his long, elegant legs in his fitted uniform trousers. His broad shoulders stretched the fabric of his jacket in an appealing way, showing off the well defined muscles in his arms and back.

And his face. Sweet mother of jesu, his face. He was....breathtaking. It took everything in me not to walk up to him. Not to shake his hand and introduce myself as his biggest supporter. Not to grab him and bodily shield him from the trials that I knew would be coming.

I was just standing there in the crowd, watching him walk past with my mouth agape like a plebian. Thank god for Vasco.

"JAY!" The lovable dork waved at me from his gaggle of gang members. Jace also spared me a glance and a grin, but Vasco had started to make his way over to me. "I'm so happy school started again!" He grinned. "Not being around my friends makes me lonely."

[But Jace is always with you,] I say with no small amount of amusement. [I don't see how he'd ever let you be lonely.]

Jace, who had become quite fluent in reading my signs, or at least guessing my replies to his best friend, only shrugged. "I'm around him so much he hardly notices me any more." He said in a mock self depreciating sort of way.

Vasco, of course taking Jace's comment seriously, waved his arms vehemently. "I don't!" He insisted. "Do I?" He looked very distressed, and Jace patted his back consoling before herding him back to where their class were making their way to the architect classroom.

"Catch ya later, Jay!" Jace called over his shoulder. I wave back, before looking to where I'd last seen Daniel. He was long gone. Ah, well. I'll be seeing him soon enough.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●♡●●●●○○○○••••°°°°

I took my usual seat by the window in my classroom, trying to ignore the three bullies making Jiho act like a fan. I did my best not to sneer at him. As much as I hate his chatacter....he hadn't done anything yet except exist. And he'd end up being a large part of Daniel's development. So he had to stick around.
...

For now.

When Mira started shivering as a result of the "fan" I tossed a pencil at Zack. He looked up angrily, twisting in his seat. His death glare shifted into confusion when it became apparent that it was me who threw it. I pointed at Mira, signing [They're making her cold.]

Zack stood from his seat and smacked his cronie on the back of the head. "Cut that out, wimp. You telling me you can't take a little heat? It's fall, you moron." Then he slipped off his jacket and handed it to Mira.

I noticed with some satisfaction that she took it after a few moments of hesitation. She must still be miffed at him about picking a fight with little Daniel earlier.

Good.

When Mira turned around to take the jacket, she caught sight of me. Her face visably brightened and she waved cheerfully. I grinned and waved back. Zack seemed a little disgruntled that Mira seemed happier to see me than him, but less vemomous and more accepting.