Chapter fourty four

"Ryder?" I say my heart pounding against my chest.

Tessa smirks at me before whispering something in Ryder's ear, Ryder smirks at her before turning his attention back to me.

"Why are you shocked? You dumped him you idiot" Tessa says before fixing her nails, if that even makes sense.

Ryder stares at me before raising an eyebrow, he turns to Tessa before turning back to me.

"She is right, I mean you did dump me so I am free" he says before kissing her on the lips quickly.

I turned away avoiding eye contact from him, he was right but if only he knew why I had to do it, would he be understanding or not?

His words stuck with me, he was now free, I am guessing he is free to go back to his old ways, hump and dump but this fling with Tessa seemed weird.

"Take a picture it lasts longer" Tessa says before I turn around and grab the food.

I glance at Ryder one more time before turning away and storming out of the restaurant, he didn't have to do that but he did so stuff him.

I work a bit to my apartment anger rising in me, he wants to get over me that quickly, fine two can play that game.

I step into my apartment and jump slightly when I see Dan sitting on the couch eating leftover pizza and watching Netflix, I clear my throat before putting the food on the bench.

"Oh it's you" He says before turning back to the TV like he owns the freaking place.

"Yeah it's me, and this is part of my apartment so how did you even get in?" I ask while crossing my arms.

"Mia gave me a key, so shut up about it" he says before I walk over to him angrily, I am not dealing with his shit too.

I snatch the remote off him and flick the TV off, I pull his arm so he stands up before throwing the pizza box out.

"Hey What was that for? I know you are used to being a little maid and clean up everything but I was fine" he says before I slap him a cross the face.

I am done with him and I was a long time ago, that felt good to be honest it's like all my anger was taken out on him and he deserved it.

"Ow" He says before rubbing his cheek, he glares at me before speaking.

"I heard about Jacob, and I have no sympathy for you it's one less dickhead that we have to worry about" he says in my face.

This really pissed me off, I have had enough.

"Fuck you get the hell out of here, don't make me regret ever knowing you" I say before he laughs.

"No I am not leaving I am here for Mia" he says before it's my turn to laugh.

"Mia won't want you once she knows everything" I say before his face shows even more anger.

"You wouldn't" he says towering over me.

"Oh I would, don't think any less" I say before waking past him.

"I hate you I always have" He says before walking out while slamming the door behind him.

I smile to myself before heading into the shower.

I get changed into grey sweats and a grey hoodie, I tie my hair into a high ponytail before walking out and into the kitchen.

I explain to Mia that Dan had to leave and luckily she believed my lie to why.

I felt horrible lying to her but i didn't want to hurt her if I tell her why Dan and I hate each other, I care about her and not him so I can't tell her.

                                                                                     ***
A day has passed and I hadn't seen Ryder since our little talk with Tessa, God I hate her.

But I can't be mad right? I mean i broke up with him, he is free to be with anyone he wants, but or of everyone he had to chose her? Was his hate for her all an act, did he like her all along and was happy when I left him? That can't be right...

I have learned to let go with ones or things you love easily so why was it hard to let Ryder go? I can't possibly love him now, but maybe my feelings just won't go away, my feelings can't go away for him.

But his feelings for me, it looks like they are long gone.

I sigh before groaning, great I have to go to work today, which means I may have to see Ryder.
I decide to wear a grey short, right dress that isn't that slutty.

I leave my hair wavy before doing my makeup, I place on my black heels before grabbing my back and trench coat and walking out the door.

I step into the building feeling annoyed, I smiled at Cindy and she smiles back at me before I leave into the elevator.

I step into my office before realizing I have a meeting with Ryder and a few other clients, shit how did I forget this? 

I take a deep breath before placing my things in my office, I grab the things I need for the meeting before walking into the conference room, I set everything up before sitting in my seat, next to Ryder, great he may not be here yet but I am dreading it.

As soon as everyone comes in I shift over so I was further away from Ryder, God this is going to be awkward.

Once Ryder comes in the room, my breath stops, of course he had to look hot while I was meant to be pissed off at him, he avoided eye contact with me and sat next to me like it was nothing.

"Ok everyone, so the deal we are making is going to take place next week" Ryder says before chatting and discussing fills the room.  

I say a few words and nod my head but my mind was thinking about Him, he stared at me a few times but it wasn't flirty, it was a Death Stare.

My palms became sweaty and my heart kept beating faster and faster, why was his gaze making me so nervous?

Once everyone left, I was about to leave as well when Ryder's arm gripped mine.

I looked down and he glared at me angrily, he stood up and moved closer to me before speaking

"I know what you did, and trust me you won't get away with it" he says before gripping my arm harder.

Shit, he knows.

Question of the day:

What do you think is Ryder is going to do to Addison now that he knows what she did?

What do you think, will they get back together?