Chapter 12

Percy's POV

Previously

Chaos looked at me and said, "Actually daddy, we have another mission, for the whole army, one that you are not going to like..."

The three of us are sitting in the meeting room, waiting for the others to come. Jason, Leo and Nico enter first returning from a group mission, followed by Thalia, Calypso and Silena who were taking care of the new born monsters and animals. Lastly Luke, Ethan and Beckendorf walk in, they were practicing in the training room...

Jason: I'm guessing this meeting is important considering Chaos and Serenity are here....

He was right; usually Mirror would come to inform us of a mission or our symbols would glow, and we would go to Serenity's office. The only reason we used the meeting room was for relaxing and talking and discussing and taking or giving advice.

Luke: And considering that we all are here, I'm guessing that it is a mission for the whole army...

Serenity: You both are correct. This is a dangerous mission, maybe even the most dangerous, and will require all of you... Unfortunately you are not going to like your destination or who you will be helping...

Leo: Okay... You are scaring me now... What is the mission???

Serenity: You are going to return to Earth and help the Olympian Gods...

All hell broke loose, literally... We all started screaming and complaining. None... most of us from the army have any good memories of the camp or the Gods. Most of us were betrayed either by the Gods or by the campers or both.... I was also complaining until I saw the pained expression on Serenity... Serenity opened her hand, holding a ball of light which exploded in a flash of light, blinding us temporally, and making us go quiet...

Serenity (pleading): I know how much you hate doing this... But I'm begging you; I need you to go on this mission....

Everyone kept quiet. Serenity rarely, if ever, begged for anything. Seeing her begging now we could tell how important this is to her and after all she had done for us, none of us felt like saying no... Not that it would have mattered... when it comes to her begging or showing her puppy dog face or pouting, I would never be able to say no to her...

Leo (breaking the silence): So.... What is the mission???

Chaos: End... He managed to escape from the pit and he is waging war on Earth...

All of the army members, Sally and family, Bob and Damasen knew about End and how he ended up trapped in the pit. They were all sorry and sad that it had happened and they didn't blame Serenity. Thalia, Silena and Calypso went around telling everyone that if anyone blamed her, they would personally send them to their doom... I could tell that those three truly understood how she felt while the rest of us only understood part of it...

All of them had already met Void, Order and Chaos. I remember how ecstatic mom was when she found out that she was a grandmother, even though they were born thousands of years before she was. Serenity was keen on them treating her as their grandmother and calling her that because according to her, whether she was the mother of Alesandro or Percy, she was still my mother and her mother in law.... I was very happy knowing she thought like that and very happy that my children were able to mingle with my best friends. Though I was not so happy when I found out that Jason saw Chaos as more than a friend... What can I say, all fathers are overprotective... especially me...

Jason: Why Earth??? I mean there are a lot of other planets so why that particular one??

Serenity (sadly): He plans on destroying everything he and Chaos created but wants to start with Earth. I think it because he blames that planet for ruining our family....