epilogue

--one year later--

We were back in Germany after Kevin decided to accept a move to Borussia Dortmund eight months ago. It felt surreal to be back after nearly three years abroad, but I was loving every moment.

We lived in Bochum currently, and life has been nothing short of perfect. Our past, or what remained of it, was left in Paris along with some of our best friends. Though we would always meet up with them whenever we had the chance.

Especially Marco, who was probably the only person I dared call my best friend in place of Kevin. Sometimes we'd see Giovani too. I had grown quite fond of that kid over the past few months.

Julian, well, he's moved on. He now resided in England, where he had moved to a certain Premier League club. I never quite got the name of the club that Giovani always mentions when speaking about Julian.

But one thing I always hear, is that he's happy. Julian Draxler is happy. And nothing warms my heart more than hearing that.

I ambled up the stairs to our apartment on the second floor. After struggling with the door for a good minute, I entered the apartment and dropped the groceries onto the counter top. "Babe, you're home?" Kevin's voice echoed from what I assumed was the master bedroom.

"Yeah. Where are you?" I made my way to toward his voice.

"Wait stop right there! Don't move!"

I stopped in my tracks. "What is it?" I asked, looking around cautiously.

"It's our two year anniversary today. Did you remember?"

I scoffed, "of course I remember!" I had even bought all the ingredients to bake him a cake. His favorite; green tea flavored. "I remembered too," he yelled, "now come into the bedroom, I have something for you."

My eyebrows furrowed together in disapproval, "Kevin Trapp, it's 2:30 in the afternoon, are you seriously suggesting─"

He grunted, "what? no! Just come!"

I hesitantly walked over to the bedroom on my right. The door creaked very slightly as I gave it a gentle push. I gasped in surprise when I saw the beautifully decorated room, complete with balloons, streamers and heart shaped confetti.

Then I saw him.

Kevin was kneeling on the ground, a massive smile etched across his face and his outstretched hands grasping a small velvet box . "Kaylie Stark," he breathed, "will you do the honor of making me the luckiest man on this planet? Will you marry me?"

No words could describe the elation that washed over me as he opened the box to reveal the gorgeous ring inside. I didn't know how to react. So I simply stood there and covered my mouth, speechless as tears began welling up in my eyes.

I nodded in reply, still unable to conjure up any words. Thankfully, Kevin stood up and embraced me before I could drown myself in my own tears. "Hey," he chuckled softly, stroking my hair, "happy two year anniversary baby."

And I knew, as I smiled to myself amidst the tears streaming down my face, that I had found my one true love in Kevin. Despite everything we've been through, that I had found my happily ever after.

END

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I'M IN TEARS GUYS i can't believe we've made it :"""""") ok first and foremost; thank you THANK YOU to all my readers for your reads, votes and comments! thank you again i love you all ♡

secondly, YALL IT WAS SO HARD TO DECIDE ON THE ENDING FOR THIS BOOK. i had like 3 different ones in mind and even halfway through the book, I hadn't decided lol. but eventually i did and I hope you guys liked it as much as I did ♡

anyway that's all from me! thank you so so so much for going on this journey with me! I appreciate every single one of you :)

[also, it would mean so much if you check out my new book Insidious, an interactive horror au featuring various footballers!]