Chapter two*

Part 2:

It was a lovely day, the sun was out, the sky was bright blue and the clouds looked fluffy and friendly. Days like this were my favourites. It never failed to put a smile on my face. It also reminded me a lot of my father. He too loved days like this and he would make sure we were always out doing something.

It could be something so simple like a bike ride or going out to the lake for a swim. He would make sure it was a family day for us. It was usually just dad, Tom and I but we didn't care. We always enjoyed sunny days out with our father.

He would then buy us ice cream at the local ice cream shop and we would sit there eating our ice cream and share jokes. My father owns a mechanic shop and often is busy in the shop but he always manages to find time for us.

He would come home all greasy and we didn't care because we haven't seen him all day so we would rush to give him hugs. We loved our father. He was the best.

We usually spent the weekends, especially Sunday's when the shop is closed to catch up. Mum usually went out with her friends on Sundays. Now days she's always gone.

Remembering what we use to do in days like this made me want to go out for a walk. So I did.

I finished my homework for the week so I didn't have much to do another than clean the house. Since I clean the house every two days, there wasn't much to do other than wash the dishes and put away Tom's clothes.

The house went to my brother so did the shop and he works to pay the bills, I have to do all the house chores which means cooking, cleaning and fixing. I don't mind doing it, it's not a big deal for me. I think it's fair. It is a lot and keeps me busy during the day.

My brother pretends I don't even exist. There are times I try to talk to him but he just ignores me and literally pretends I'm not there. The only time he speaks to me is to order me to do something like iron his shirt.

I don't know how a grown man can't do a simple thing but that's my brother. Perhaps he can do but he's finding a way to make my life harder.

People have seen how hostile my brother is to me and they started to treat me differently too. He is the future beta so if he's doing something then that surely that must be right.

It hurts. I'm not going to lie. It has been almost six years and every day I think I'm going to get my brother back. But I'm not.

Part of me wishes I just told him the true then I remember the look on my father's face. The disappointment. The hurt. The betrayal. I quickly change my mind.

I already decided that there isn't much for me in Redwood, after I graduate I will got to college. I would do anything to get me out of here. School is not really my thing but I'm decent at it. I just need to get away. From this town. From these people. From my brother's hateful eyes. From my mother's knowing eyes. From the hurtful words people in this pack throw at me.

I need a change. I need to go somewhere far away from redwood. I might come back but I feel like I can't be who I want to be in this town. I feel like I have been categorised in this box that isn't me and no matter how much I try to get out of it, I'm just pushed in. I'm starting to believe I'm what they say I am.

Weak. Loser. Unwanted. Snake. Rat. Lame.

The list goes on and on.

I spot a figure sitting on the bench I always find myself sitting on. Sometimes I just want to be away from everything and come to the park to sit on the bench. I don't read anything but just stare and take in my surroundings.

When I walked closer to the bench I knew exactly who it was and my heart started acting up. Which was weird but not surprising because it always got like this when I'm around him. Since we were younger. I can't help it.