Chapter 1 - Modern day goddess

Sighing as I looked in the mirror, I turned around. 

My hair was put up in a high bun, combed back sleekily so that no hair stood out, Today was my first day as a new producer at BigHit Entertainment. And even though my whole 'family' was against it, I had decided to pursue my love for music. Why did my 'family' dislike it? Well, let me explain some things for you. My 'family' is the head of a global enterprise and kept to itself the whole time. No one in the public knew about our faces, as it would lead to some questions. For example why we didn't age. Secondly, my 'family' consisted of magical creatures. Yes, you heard that right. 

Those magical creatures you heard about in fantasy books when you were a child, like fairies, witches, gods and goddesses, nymphs, angels and stuff.  I was part of the head family, meaning I was a part of the 'heavenly' tribe. I was the  daughter of the family, the last goddess since decades. I had lived my life in complete seclusion, hidden in the master mansion for hundreds of years because of an incident a few hundred years back. Deciding to finally let the past behind me, I moved out.

My father and mother desperatley tried to convince me to stay, but I had done what they wanted forever, and now was the time I wanted to do something myself.  Big, dark yellow glasses were on my face, not showing my eyes that much, a black facemask covered the other part of my face. My figure was put in oversized, dark grey washed jeans that were sitting way to baggy on my hips, a dark green hoody covering the upper part of my body. Dark brown Army Boots and my 'Outift' was complete. I looked like a total fashion disaster. Rolling my neck, I stepped out of my new apartment in Seoul's most prestige neighbourhood.

Making use of my long legs, I yawned behind my mask as I made my way towards the BigHit building. It must've looked weird. My outfit didn't get along with the way I walked. Although I looked like I got the clothes from the street, my walk was that of a supermodel. Large, elegant steps, and a straight back. 

Pulling out my ID I scanned it quickly at the gates before entering. The first visit I had to make this morning was PDogg, a fellow producer who I was supposed to work under. 

Knocking on the door, I let myself in. PDogg looked at me with raised eyebrows. "How may I help you?", he asked roughly and I just bowed. "My name is Kim Mila. I'm supposed to start working here today.", I answered, making my voice a bit hoarser than normal, still bowing, before coming back up and looking at his reaction. "Nice to meet you Miss Kim. I don't have much time today, but you'll be fine without me from what I heard, right? The tracks I heard from you are fabulous.", he then said, before turning around to the laptop in front of him again. "Your studio is the one in the back of the hallway. It's a little dirty, so your first thing to do will be to clean up thorougly."

Closing the door behind me, I made my way towards my own work place. Pulling out the rusty key in my hands, I made a grimace at the look of the door before opening it. What greeted me was a room full of dust and boxes. Behind them, speakers were barely visible at all. 

Rolling my eyes I lifted my finger. "Humans surely are something else.", I mumbled to myself as I leaned back at the door. Flicking my finger, I watched as the room was suddenly filled with a glow. The boxes started to move on their own, folding themselves together nicely in one corner of the room, while the dust started to disappear on it's own, making the room squeaky clean in less than 1 second. Smiling to myself, I finally sat down on the chair in front of me. Changing the color of my surroundings with a finger tap, I was finally statisfied. 

"This will be enough for today

"This will be enough for today.", I said smiling, giggling to myself. The fine sound of my laugh resounding in the room. 

PDogg hadn't given me any additional work, so I just started to play around with my equipment, before turning on my producer mode. I had produced for many people before. Mostly overseas, from my home studio in the mansion. Sure, I could've continued on like that, but I wanted to have somewhere to go to. When you spend hundreds of years in the same building, the walls close in on you. Not that I looked like it. From the way my outer appearance looked, most people would guess me to be in my early 20s. 

Hours went by and soon enough the day was over, making me go back home. 

The first few weeks passed like this, in a hinch. The people I created music for were currently on a break after a tour, so I hadn't seen them yet. Until now. 

It was a day like any other. I scanned my ID and made my way to my studio, as I could feel another presence in my studio. I stood in front of the door and frowned. Opening the door I faced my boss. Bang Si-hyuk looked at me smiling. "Miss Kim, nice to see you! Today will be a bit different. The boys are back from their break  and set out to do a new album. PDogg gave me the music you produced, and I just knew that you were going to be the main producer of that new album.", he explained still smiling. "You're going to meet the boys today. The ones that also produce themselves are really intrested to meet you. They've listened to the sample music as well."

And with that, I was pulled along by him. Making a grimace behind the mask, I thought of just flicking his arm of me, but that would result in a heavy injury that I didn't want to inflict on my boss. 

Knocking on a door, Bang PD opened it without hesitation and I was greeted by the upbeat melody of Bapsae. The seven men in front of me were still dancing, not knowing about us entering until another man, I guess the choreographer?, stopped the music and looked at us suprised. "Nice to see you, boss.", the choreographer said loud enough to make the others look up, who immediatley gathered around us. 

Bang PD just grinned. "Boys, I wanted to introduce you to someone. This is Miss Kim, a new producer here at BigHit. The sample tracks were all from her.", he said before pushing me foward in their direction.  Lifting a hand I greeted them without words. "Nice to meet you. My name is RM or rather Namjoon. I'm the leader of this group.", The one standing in front of me introduced himself smiling, showing me a pair of dimples. My heart almost skipped a beat. He's a human. How can he be that good-looking? I thought to myself before looking at the next one. "My name is Jimin.", he said and gave me an eye smile. Two words. Cute. Mochi. "My name's Jin. But you can call me worldwide handsome.", the next one said, blowing a kiss in my direction. My eyes almost popped out of my head. How in the world? "I'm J-Hope or Hoseok~", Mr. Sunshine introduced himself smiling brightly. "I'm Taehyung, but my stage name is V.", a handsome guy said with a boxy smile, before the next one moved on. "My name is Min Yoongi. Also known as Suga.", a sleepy looking one said with an expressionless face. The youngest looking one finally stepped foward, bowing slightly. "My name is Jungkook.", he said happily. 

I stared at the group in front of me, blinking slowly. How in the world are these guys all human? There must've been some angel mixed in in their ancenstors. Definitely. 

Bowing, I introduced myself again. "My name is Kim Mila. Nice to meet you." "Nice to meet you, Noona.", Jungkook said cheesing and I nodded slightly. "Guys, she's acutally younger than all of you, so she's no noona.", Bang PD suddenly said and patted my head. "I'm 20.",  In human years, I added in my head. 

"I'm going to leave you guys alone for now. She will spend some time together with you, as a personal assistant for a day. I want her to get to know you all, so that she get's even more inspiration.", Bang PD said proud of his plan, before seeing my frowning face. "This was not in the contract.", I said grumbling. "I know. But please just see this as a way to gather more information to create better music.", he then said while leaving me alone with the guys. 

Looking into their faces, I bit my lower lip. This was going to be a pain.