Chapter 25

Entering the hotel room had its own special form of nervousness after the implications and innuendos at the restaurant. Dawn was still eight hours away. Time to either get a good night’s sleep, or not.

Tina pulled the drapes shut and opened the sliding door a crack, letting the sound of the surf drift into the room. Even if Jamey wasn’t looking so sexy and smelling so good, this moment was pure romance. His skin had taken on a golden bronze recently that made his blue eyes twinkle.

Obi was spread out on the couch, his body taking up every possible space. “Looks like that spot is taken.” She nodded to her dog.

“Oh, oh.” Jamey glanced at her, and then at the bed. “It’s a big bed.”

“Think we could sleep together without any funny business?” There was something wildly familiar in flirting with Jamey Dunn.

“Doubtful.” He crossed the room and cupped her face in his hands. “Shall we?”

She closed her eyes. “We shall.” His soft lips met hers and she melted like molten lava beneath his kiss. The effect he had on her was still there. His kisses moved to her neck, and she felt her knees almost give out. “Jamey?” Her breathy whisper barely had volume.

“Hmmm?” He scooped her up in his arms and walked to the bed.

“I’m safe with you, right?"

“Yes. You are safest with me.” He kissed her lips tenderly and set her on the turned-down bed, unzipping her hooded jacket.  Her hands ran up under his T-shirt, his abdomen tightening under her touch. First he pulled off her shirt, then his own. His hands encircled her small breasts. “I remember these.” Jamey eased his body half over her, half stretched out beside her. They looked into each other’s eyes as he fingered her nipples. Fondling, pinching lightly.

“I remember you,” she said.

“Hmmm. Good.” His voice was raspy.

They knew how to do this. She and Jamey had their own way together, familiarities reserved only for them—subtle but important remembrances of how to bring the other to the highest point before letting go. Things escalated quickly as they kissed.

Breaking away, she pushed him flat, removed his shorts and moved down along his length to take him in her mouth. He moaned and she drew back slightly. “Do you still like this?” She took his growl for affirmation and slid her teeth gently along his length.

“Stop just a second, Tina.” His hands threaded through her hair. “We have to slow down, make this last.” He pulled her up to him, taking her into an embrace, burying his face in her hair. “You are still the sexiest thing I’ve ever had on top of me,” he whispered. “Or beside me. Or anywhere near me. Goddammit, Tina. Do you have any idea how crazy you make me?”

She didn’t want to compare, but not even in their first few months together did Hank seem desperate like Jamey, who was crazy with desire for her. He kissed like he had to have her, all of her, or else.

Her kisses traced his jaw line to his mouth. She brushed her lips with his. “Do you like this?"

He chuckled. “You could sing the national anthem and I’d get rock hard.”

She deepened the kiss, and Jamey ran his hands down her back to grab her buttocks.

He pressed his erection into the V of her thighs. “We have all night.” 

“Or not.” She smiled. Reaching down, she guided him into her warmth.

He eased gently into her.