Chapter 10

Third grade, 8 years ago.

"Y/nnn!"

You sighed heavily as the high pitched whine of your former best friend reached your ears.

"What do you want, Jimin?" You hissed back, finally turning to face him.

He had been attempting to get your attention the entire morning. Why couldn't he just let you work on your drawing in peace? You two were over. He had no right to be annoying you. Not now, not ever.

He was pouting. Though a slight triumphant smile coated his lips at seeing you look at him before they returned to their previous sulky state.

"You know what I want, Y/n." He said petulantly.

"Obviously not. Or I wouldn't have asked. If you won't tell me though, I'll tell you what I want. Would you like to hear it?" You let a sickly sweet smile fill your face.

He nodded immediately.

Your smile dropped. "I want you to leave me alone." And with that, you turned back to your drawing. Hoping to get some peace at last.

No such luck.

"Y/n."

You felt a shiver go down your spine. His voice was dangerous now, and Jimin had always been unpredictable in his temper.

"Look at me."

You immediately felt a flare of anger go up your very soul. How dare he try to tell you what to do?

"I'm not going to look at you, Jimin. I gave you a chance to tell me what you wanted and you didn't take it. So you're not allowed to talk to me anymore."

"I want you." He stated, and you could hear the suppressed anger in his tone.

"Well maybe," you spat out, whirling around to face him. "You should have thought of that before you dumped a bucket of toilet water over Jeongin's head."

Jimin's face darkened. "He deserved it. I'm your best friend. Not him. Only I get to be partners with you."

"Jimin you idiot, it was assigned partners!" You exclaimed, thoroughly pissed. Jeongin wouldn't even look you in the eye anymore, he was so scared of what Jimin would do to him. How dare Jimin think he can just go around bullying everyone into staying away from you!

"Not only that," Jimin kept going as if he hadn't heard you. "You're taking his side over mine. You should always be on my side. You're my best friend, got it? Mine."

"I'm not your anything, Jimin," you retorted. "I already told you we're not friends anymore. You can't be mean to people if you want to be my friend, and you were very mean to Jeongin. What am I supposed to do now! He won't even look at me!"

"That shouldn't matter!" He yelled back. "I'm the only one that should matter to you!"

"Well guess what!" You yelled back. "You aren't."

He gasped, and you saw the beginnings of tears well up in his eyes, immediately feeling bad, but turned away with a huff. You wouldn't give in. You weren't the one in the wrong.

So why did you feel so guilty?

You pouted.

Stupid Jimin.

————————

Present time

"Stupid Jimin," you muttered to yourself, stalking down the halls.