Chapter 8 - A Silence Filled With Love

A/ N: Hey guys, it's the author here! I just wanted to thank you for all of the support. I just wanted to add that yes, I have been using real places in Nanterre, France. I googled things for you guys! This chapter is dedicated to both @miraculoussnowball and @Winterfalll, who have been yelling at me for a week to write the Adrienette scene already. Also a reminder, patience is a virtue, kids. I promise it's worth the wait. Anyways, back to the chapter, now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The doorman greeted the two teenagers before they closed their umbrella and quickly ran upstairs to their room, hoping they weren't too late. They were. Standing in front of their door was Gabriel Agreste.

"Where have you two been?" He asked, sternly.

"I'm sorry father. We didn't-" Adrien began to apologize before Marinette squeezed his hand, telling him to shut up.

"I apologize, sir, that we are late. We got caught up in the museum of design and we hadn't realized how late it had gotten because I was so fascinated by the exhibit about Paco Rabanne. It was my fault that we were late, my apologies sir." Marinette explained professionally. Adrien was awestruck by how she was able to talk to his father like that, and so easily as well.

Gabriel's expression softened. "Paco Rabanne is a true innovator. I'm glad you enjoyed your time and were able to learn. Did you two eat anything for lunch?" He asked. Adrien could swear that he saw a small smile on his face as he addressed Marinette. He looked at her, nervous that she would mention the bakery.

"Yes, sir. We went to Restaurant La Terrasse for lunch. They had the finest seafood that I have had in a while." She explained. Adrien caught himself before his jaw could drop at how she was so easily able to explain their whereabouts to his father, who simply nodded with approval.

"Good. I will see you two at the photo shoot tomorrow. Goodnight Adrien, goodnight Marinette." And with that, he walked to the elevator to go to his room. Marinette calmly waved goodnight to Gabriel until the elevator doors closed and she let out an excited squeal.

"Oh thank God!" She whispered with relief. She looked over at Adrien who had finally let his jaw drop.

"You- He- I- uhm, HOW?!" He stammered. Marinette just laughed and opened the door to their hotel room and dragged him inside.

Adrien shook his head quickly to clear it once they had gotten inside. "How were you so easily able to talk to my father, and with such an aggressive yet somehow respectful way. What the heck, Mari?" He asked in disbelief.

Marinette laughed and explained that she was always late to class so she was used to having to come up with excuses. Adrien joined in the laughter as Marinette went to the kitchen and began cooking without even paying attention. As she perfectly measured ingredients without a recipe, she asked him about his photoshoots and how everything would go over in the morning. Adrien watched as she carefully, yet completely mindlessly, poured an exact amount of water into a pot and threw in some broccoli. How is she able to cook so well without even paying attention? He wondered before remembering that she was the baker's daughter and that she was insanely talented.

"uhm- Yeah! So in the morning, we'll head over to wherever the photoshoot will be. I'll be whisked away to hair and makeup and you'll be escorted over to the clothing department and do whatever the costumers do," he explained their day and how it would go as he watched her perfectly cook a chicken while listening to their schedule and nodding. When he finished explaining, he rounded the counter and tried to help her cook but when he tried to even reach for a utensil she smacked his hand away.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed as he pulled his hand away and rubbed it.

"No. Out!" Marinette yelled with an amused smirk on her face. Adrien laughed and picked a handful of flour from the bag and threw it at Marinette. She gasped, mocking being angry, and took a handful herself and soon enough the two were white as ghosts and the kitchen was a mess.