Just Part of the Job

Grace groaned as she heard an owl flutter into the window. It had to be at least 2 A.M.

"Percy... letter," Grace said.

"Which owl?" Percy groaned.

"Hermes..." She responded.

Percy groaned and rolled over, rubbing his forehead against Graces back.

"Hermes..." Grace called.

Hermes flew over, landing on one of the pillows, he looked like he was half asleep.
Grace grabbed the letter, opening it.

"WEASLEY!" The letter yelled.

Percy sat up quickly, grabbing Graces arm.

"WHERE ARE YOU? EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR YOU! COME HERE IMMEDIATELY! THAT MEANS NOW WEASLEY!" It screeched before exploding into a million pieces.

Percy quickly got up, he got changed in record time, he was struggling with his tie.

"Percy..." Grace said, he ignored her. "Percy..." ignored. "PERCY!"

"What, What, WHAT?" Percy yelled.

Graces eyes widened, she walked over to him, fixing his tie for him.

"It's gonna be alright..." Grace said. "Early mornings... late nights."

"Just part of the job," Percy smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too," Grace smiled. "Have fun."

Percy rolled his eyes and left their bedroom. Grace face planted into the bed, causing Hermes to fly up in feather mayhem.

Grace and Bill returned from work, Charlie was asleep on the couch. Mrs Weasley was preparing for dinner.

"They're still not home?" Grace asked.

As if on cue Mr Weasley appeared at the door.

"Rough day at work," he said, greeting Mrs Weasley with a kiss.

"Where's Percy?" Grace asked.

"Oh, he's been getting yelled at all day," He said. "Poor boy, he's only 18..."

"Oh my poor son," Molly said.

Grace frowned, "I wish I could march down to that ministry. And beat Barty Crouch's ass."

Charlie started laughing from the couch.

"Well then Charlie," Grace crossed her arms. "Looks like you're helping me plan my wedding."

Charlie rolled his eyes and laughed.

"See, Percy likes blue... but I like green... and I told him that we could use green as the flowers and blue as the ribbon, but of course he's being stubborn," Grace said.

Charlie laughed, "That sounds like Perce..."

He looked down at the invitation ideas, near the top of the list was "Baby Gifts Appreciated" Charlie quickly grabbed it and erased it. He didn't want Grace to be reminded of that, he cared about her too much.

"What was that?" Grace asked, laughing.

"Oh... nothing," he laughed.

It was beginning to get late at night, it was storming, loudly. Grace wanted to wait for Percy. Charlie wanted to wait with Grace.

Grace sighed, "Do you ever think about getting married?"

"No..." Charlie said. "I travel too much... and the girl I love... I can't ever be with her."

"Oh... don't say that Charlie..." Grace smiled. "I mean... I was with Oliver and Percy was with Penny and we just had to wait... and now we are getting married in 2 months."

Charlie smiled, "Yeah... but you guys were just dating someone else."

"So... the love of your life is married?" Grace asked.

"No... she's..." Charlie gulped. "She's..."

Suddenly they heard a loud thump by the front door. They both turned quickly and saw Percy laying on the ground. His suit was soaked, and he had a bloody nose.

"Percy?!" Grace screamed. She ran over to him, Charlie right behind.

"Percy?" Charlie started slapping his face. "Percy? Percy?"

"He's sleep deprived!" Grace cried.

She wrapped his arm around her shoulder, Charlie did the same.

"Come on Percy, you're 5'10 with 0 body fat..." Charlie said. "You shouldn't be this heavy."

They took him to the couch, sitting him upright. Grace ran and got a towel from the kitchen, she sat beside Percy. She started dabbing his nose. Percy fluttered his eyes and looked up at Grace, he smiled.

"I don't remember going to bed..." he smiled.

"Jesus..." Grace wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm alright..." Percy smiled.

He hugged her, rubbing her sides.

"You need to go to bed..." Grace said.

"I'm hungry..." Percy said.

"I'll bring you some food, my love," Grace said. "Upstairs... now."

Percy kissed Grace quickly before walking up the stairs, they could hear a "I'm alright mother... really I am."

Grace walked to the kitchen, pulling out leftovers from dinner.

"Thanks for staying up with me, Charlie," Grace smiled.

"No problem," he smiled.

"Goodnight..." She said, kissing him on the cheek.

Charlie sighed heavily as she watched her go up the stairs. Grace was probably the only person he could trust and he wanted to talk to her for just a second, to try and let go of a lot of feelings.

He walked to their room and heard them talking. Don't stalk Charlie...Well they are talking pretty loud... no Charlie!

"Charlie kept me company," Grace said.

"Lucky him," Percy said.

"Percy... we need to change the date," Grace said.

"What do you mean?" Percy asked.

"There's no way everything will be done by the date," Grace said. "I'm leaving for Russia in two days and work is getting harder for you."

"Yeah, I think you're right," Percy said.

"Plus... we were kind of rushing it for the baby," Grace said. "But now that's..."

"It's alright," Percy said. "Maybe next Summer then?"

"We should do it on your birthday!" Grace exclaimed. "Then the next day's my birthday, so my birthday present will be my husband."

Charlie smiled and walked to his bedroom.