Chapter fifteen

Just a quick picture of daddy Delrick bc he's hot asf.

ANNALISE POV

Carmen, my best friend ever.

My mother and father, the people who raised me.

Jessica, my cheer captain. 

All of the girls on the rest of my squad.

These are my people.

Were your people.

I can't help the small tear that trickles down my cheek oh so slowly. I missed them more than anything. I longed for a chance to see them.

Though I couldn't even call them. My phone doesn't work at all here, and I haven't talked to my kings about getting a new one for myself. I knew it would be of practically no cost to them, but I still didn't want them to make the purchase.

I wanted a sense of freedom. I was always used to being micromanaged by my mother, but this was different. There's no doubt that I love them being my dominants, but I need a break. I can't continue on like this, they control everything.

I just want to speak with Carmen.

I need to talk to her. To vent to her, let her in on all that has happened to me so far. Sure I'm a princess now, which they never fail to let me know, but I'm still a sixteen year old girl.

Who needs to speak with her best friend about all that has gone down from our time apart.

"Your highness?" The timid voice of a maid breaks through my own saddened thoughts as a frail knock is heard.

"Please, come in." I welcome her with a warm smile, smothering my true feelings.

Though I don't see their temper being blown very often, I do know that the kings were not exactly kind to their servants before I arrived. Not that they act perfectly now, but they are in much better moods from all of the stories and recollections I had heard.

"I have your favorite nightgown washed, and the matching socks. Shall I go ahead and put them away? Or is this a bad time?" She smiles back at me gently as she makes her way into my chambers completely.

"That would be lovely! Thank you so much miss." I send her another smile, letting it reach my eyes this time.

She nods graciously and then goes about her business of tidying up my room as she puts the laundry away.

"Can I assist you in any other way before I make my departure this evening?" She asks respectfully.

"Actually there is something. Do you think you could find a pen and some paper for me?" I ask her, an idea formulating in my head.

Her brows furrow slightly before she answers,"I'm sure I could find some for you your highness."

"That would be lovely." I tell her honestly, setting my feet on the ground from the bed.

"I shall be back." And with this said, she makes her exit from my room.

My idea was to write to Carmen. I didn't know of any house type phone around here, and the only computers were in my kings office. Which they were typically on, dealing with business.

I had been staying here for a little while now, yet I haven't learned exactly what kings such as themselves do. I know that much of their time is spent in the study. That is when they aren't with me. Curiosity often gets the best of me, and I'm sure I'll be asking Dominic about their duties soon.

He seems to be the one who understands me best here. At least so far. Though he is a dominant man who can have a temper, he is very kind and understanding. He's shown me a great deal of compassion, and had made me feel happy in such a different situation.