Chapter 94

A few days later your family came home. You chuckled at Snow. She had a new friend and it was clear that she liked him. They went nearly everywhere together. You smiled. Everything was coming together at last. 

Your family was thrilled that you had said yes. Your sister was crying and Carl was crying too. April was happy for you and so were Sam and Nia. Sam and Scarlett were getting married soon actually. You were excited to go to her wedding. That would also give Connor a chance to learn a bit more about how weddings worked.

You helped your sister plan her wedding. You only had two weeks until they were going to have it. You knew she was designing her dress by herself. She was also working on a flower girl dress for Nia. You were excited. 

Scarlett came up to you later that day. You smiled at her. She looked really excited.

"Okay, what is it this time?" You asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to be my maid of honor!" She said. You gasped.

"Really!?" You asked. She nodded happily. You hugged her. "Hell yes!" You said. She cheered happily. You both laughed together. Connor came over.

"What's going on?" 

"Scarlett want me to be her maid of honor." You explained. He smiled.

"That's great!" He said. You smiled. You wondered who Sam was gonna pick to be his best man. You went with Scarlett so you could discuss her plans in more detail. You both talked all day about what to do. After that, you all were pretty bored and decided to have a pool party! You and your family went to put on your suits and once you were ready you all got in. You jumped in along with Carl. Ash and Zane followed you. Kent and April jumped in together. Your father didn't jump in but he went under the water right away. Connor seemed hesitant to jump in despite everybody saying he should. Nia held his hand.

"We'll jump in together Connor! Come on! It's fun!" She said. Connor smiled at her. She jumped, pulling him in with her. They both splashed into the water. Nia was laughing happily and Connor chuckled along with her. 

After that Scarlett and Sam jumped in together. Next was the pets. Nova, Smoke, and Olive had no fear as the all splashed down together. Tanner looked like he didn't want to get in. Snow ended up pushing him into the pool and then jumping in after him. After that he was fine and they both swam around together. You had a small floating platform for the two cats if the ever got tired. 

You all swam around for a short while until the doorbell rang. Your father got out and went to answer it. Suddenly, you heard barking. You all turned as Sumo leaped in....right on top of Connor. He shrieked and you all burst out laughing as the two crashed together and the water exploded as Sumo crashed into it. They surfaced and Sumo swam over to Nova. Connor looked a little shaken up. Hank came in with more of your friends and your father.

"I may have called a few guests over." Scarlett said. Jake, North, Markus, and Hank all climbed in. You smiled. You all had fun together. It was great. You sat at the edge of the pool, taking a short break. Connor sat next to you. You sighed happily.

"This is the life I wanted." You said. "Everyone together and having fun. It's perfect." You said. He smiled at you.

"Yes. It is." He agreed. You all played games, had snacks, and relaxed together. You loved it. It was one of the best nights of your life. You were so happy. You looked over at Connor as he talked to Hank. You smiled. It was just the three of us at first. Now look at us. We're a family. All of us.