Chapter 21

Opening your eyes slowly, you are momentarily blinded by the bright white void around you. Sitting up, you see that the ground had a grid pattern, almost like it was a sandbox stage in a game. Glancing around, you see one obstruction in the perfect flatness around you. You slowly stand, your eyes finally fully adjusting to the bright light surrounding you.

He stood in the close distance, looking at his hands and clenching his fists, checking out the functions of his current state and making sure things were normal. He bends his arm, rotating it and popping his shoulders.

After going though a small mental checklist of body parts that assure him movement, he glanced over his shoulder at you, his mane of hair shifting slightly as he did so. His visible eye immediately shifts from it's previous bright onyx to a saturated red, three tomoe spinning. He still hasn't turned all the way around, looking forward again.

"It seems my chakra has finally awakened. It's been dormant for quite some time."

He lets out a breathy chuckle before continuing on, his deep voice echoing in the empty space around you.

"I will say though, it is nice to see you again."

"It's good to see you as well." You pleasantly respond, making him chuckle once more.

Finally turning, Madara begins to make his way towards you. It had been seven years since you had seen his visage, and even if there was that one evening in front of the Uchiha Stone Tablet, you had still missed him.

For him, it had been many decades without your warmth. It had made him feel almost malnourished. He had craved for your gentle touches more than he'd care to admit over the years of you being with him, but the desire just grew more potent while he was without you. To say he had missed you would be a severe understatement.

You give him the same smile that he had wanted all to himself many years ago, and you both finally come close enough to make contact.

What was the first thing you did?

You hugged him.

His arms soon surrounded you, and he had to resist the prominent urge to not let go. He was able to postpone it for a bit, but when you began to pull away, he knew that had had to as well, lest you would be wary of him on later dates.

Unfortunately, that warmth was not shared.

He knows that you would appear whenever you sleep or get knocked out, and he would like to keep it as nice meetings in which he could continue to be around you, even with his real body's current state as deceased. If he could build up more chakra, he could get out of just the dreamscape, and possibly make it to the mind. There he could speak with you whenever he desired.

For now, however, he was content to be near you.

As you separate, he grabs your hands, intertwining your fingers.

"So, is this a dream, or...?"

"We are in your dreamscape, yes."

You nod, interested. If this was a dream, did that mean you could do anything you wanted? If so, you were going to have quite the fun time here.

"Wait, are you, um, actually here, or is this just part of a dream?"

"I am actually here."

He wouldn't be leaving for a while, that he was sure of. He almost resisted your pulls away from him, but he decided to let you free for now.

"If this is a dream..."

You imagine the village beneath your faraway gaze, standing on a cliff's edge with four faces below your feet.