six

⁀➷

⁀➷

Charlie's head poked out of the boys' tent. "Dad, what's going on? Fred, George, and Ginny got back okay, but the others - "

"I've got them here," Arthur replied.

Bill sighed in relief from the kitchen table as Paisley ran toward him, patting her hands around her body until she found a wound. She frowned as she grabbed a cloth and pressed down on the wound to clean him up.

"Damn it, Bill. Why are you so careless?" Paisley asked, frustrated by his rash behavior.

Bill chuckled. "Love you too." He noticed his father by the edge of the tent. "Did you get them, Dad? The person who conjured the Mark?"

"No. We found Crouch's elf holding Harry's wand, but we're none the wiser about who actually conjured the Mark," Arthur replied.

"What?" Bill, Charlie, and Percy asked together.

"Harry's wand?" Fred asked.

"Mr. Crouch's elf?" Percy asked.

They began explaining everything.

"Well, Mr. Crouch is quite right to get rid of an elf like that!" Percy exclaimed. "Running away when he's expressly..."

Bill and Paisley were whispering to each other. Bill's mouth was pressed against her ear and she nuzzled against him.

"Are you all right?" she asked.

"Quite. Don't fret, Paisley. It's nothing serious."

Paisley pouted. "It's my job to worry about you."

"You're sounding like mum."

"That's mean."

Bill chuckled. "But it's nothing I can't take."

"Still. I don't like seeing you hurt," she replied.

"And I don't like seeing you hurt either, but these are dark times," Bill solemnly said.

Paisley sighed. "Yeah. They are, aren't they? Just... Promise me you'll be safe."

"Love, I'm a Curse-Breaker. While I may not deal with Death Eaters on a daily basis, I will be all right, all right?"

She frowned and brushed his hair back. "All right," she whispered. "But I don't want you running into dangerous situations ever again. And if you do, bring me with you."