Busy

(Stark's P.O.V.)

"Hey Penis Parker! Stop trying to make out with the new girl!"

Stupid Flash and his stupid voice and his stupid words keep ringing in my head.

Stupid Flash. What does he know anyway?

.....Peter and I were pretty close....

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

His finger cupped my chin the whole time...

Did he mean to do that?

Were his eyes always that brown?

Did I really say that out loud to him?

My mind continues to wander as I type in the extremely simple code our Advanced Computer Science teacher, Mr. Stanley, gave us.

Mr. Stanley is great. Well, I mean, anyone seems great next to that douche-bag of a supply teacher Mr. Mainip, but Mr. Stanley was just an awesome guy.

He was a tall, middle-aged man, with short curly brown hair, and brown eyes. He's constantly pushing us to do our best and he has complete faith in all of us that we'll do great.

But I'm his favourite.

I suppose he likes the fact that I defy stereotypes and that I'm not letting any of those 'pretty face' comments stand in my way of success. Also, I'm top of the class, hand in all my assignments on time, finish work early, and do extra credit assignments. Just 'cause I get bored

Since I've grown up with two of the smartest men on Earth, my dad and my uncle, I've been taught and self taught quite a lot past the school curricular.  The smart gene is kinda just in my DNA, it runs in my blood.

I'm also very popular in this class too. I mean, I'm decently popular in school in general, but especially in Advanced Computer Science, since it's my best subject, and basically my home territory.

My looks probably help too.

It's not what I'm most proud of, I'd much rather be known for my achievements than for my beauty, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I don't like to brag about it, but it's fairly noticeable, and it runs in my DNA as well. I am a Stark after all.

But at school, I'm a Johnson.

"Look at me."

Peter's voice  rings in my head as I attempt to finish the line of code with a clear head. He has me completely distracted.

Then his face pops in my head again. His deep, pleading brown eyes, his curls, his sharp jawline...

"Stop!" I whisper to myself. A few of my classmates notice, I flash a Stark smile at them.

"(Y/n), are you good?" One of my classmates, Harrison asks.

Harrison sits beside me, and he took a break from coding to look me in the eye.

Harrison has piercing green-blue eyes, their colour depending on how the light was hitting them. He has brown hair with touches of blond as well. He was fairly tall, and had a slight British accent, which was interesting to listen to.

"I'm fine. Just can't...focus." I answer simply.

"What's on your mind?"

"Well..."

"Is it Peter?" He suddenly asks out of the blue.

"What? No!" I whisper-yell at him, swatting his arm, "jeez, why does everyone assume that?!"

He laughs, "I was just teasing."

I roll my eyes and try to focus on my coding. Harrison does the same.

"...Listen..." He starts, "I-I'm throwing a party this Friday night, I was wondering if you, Michelle, Ned, and Peter would like to come?"

I smile, "Harrison, that's really nice of you, I'll ask them, but I might be busy."

"Busy with what?"

"Y'know..." I start making random hand motions, "work and stuff..."

"Work? You're already the best at everything you do! You already rival Tony Stark at Computer Science, and the only ones who could possibly beat you in Chemistry are Bruce Banner and maybe Peter Parker." Harrison smiles brightly, but then his smile fades and he looks down. "Look....you really don't have to come if you don't want to. You don't have to make an excuse if that's what you're doing..."

"No, no, no! I'm not just making an excuse!" I raise my voice accidentally, getting a few looks from some of my classmates, "look Haz, I've just been really busy. I've been working on something that's been taking up a lot of my time... I just might not have time..."

These past few days, not including my sleepover with MJ, I've been fully engrossed with trying to understand my mom's work. I actually got another idea for it during Advanced Science with Peter, so I quickly wrote it down in my phone so I wouldn't forget it. But if it worked, by the end of the week I could have a working prototype!

"Well, if it was me, I'd save a little time for fun too. You gotta live a little! You never know how short life can be. You gotta live it while you have it. You don't want to spend all your time working, you'll miss out on all the fun things in life!" Harrison smiles.

I'm not working all the time...

Am I?

My mom worked all the time too...

I can feel tears coming to my eyes. My mom was always working on this project. It consumed all of her time. She almost stopped having fun completely. She only paused to play with me occasionally. Then... Then that horrible disease took her life. The same disease that potentially could take my life too. Even through all these years, with the accepted fact that it probably won't happen, it still could. And with my dad being Iron Man, the risks of me being in danger are even more high. Life can be short. Do I want to spend it on parties, or finally completing the work my mother died trying to complete.

Balance...

Balance is good....

"A-Are you okay?" Harrison asks worriedly.

"Yeah..." I wipe my eyes. "You know what Haz, you're right. I'll try to make it. When is it?"

He smiles, "Friday night at 8. Don't be late."

..........................................................................................................................................

"Thursday, pull up my mother's work."

The holographic screen appears in front of me in my dimly lit room.

My mom's work books were on a desk in front of me, and they were opened to a new page.

I also had my own work book in front of me. Even though I hardly use it. It was a gift from my dad for my thirteenth birthday.

I started to sketch a drawing of a pair of boots and a belt.

"What if I could change my gravitational pull..."

This will definitely keep me busy.