fifteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

"I'm sorry you had to give up your work," Paisley muttered.

Bill had his arms wrapped around Paisley and the side of her face was pressed against his chest.

"Don't be. I chose it and if it's helping people, then I'm perfectly happy," Bill sweetly replied.

"Helping all these people and offering them protection... Bill, I'm afraid this is too much."

Bill brushed his fingers through Paisley's wavy hair and stayed silent, pressing his cheek against the top of her head.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you," she whispered back.

It was the small things that mattered. The big things had an impact on people's lives, but it was all of the small, little details leading up to it.

Dobby's death was one of them. He was a magnificent elf and he was treasured dearly by the people who stood up for him.

"We're heading into dangerous territory, Paisley."

"I know, Bill, but we're already past that. It was dangerous from the start," Paisley responded.

"I'm sorry I brought you into this."

"Even if I never met you or agreed to marry you, I still would have joined the Order. Besides, maybe I would have met you when I joined the Order."

Bill laughed. "You're very optimistic."

"I can be pessimistic too. Maybe, you would have gotten with Fleur if you never met me." Paisley pouted.

Bill hugged her tighter and she struggled against his hold. "I would have never dated her."

She struggled and flailed her arms around. "But she's pretty! And a Veela!"

"You're as pretty as a Veela, Paisley."

"I know you would have dated her!" she shouted.

"I wouldn't want to date someone like her. She seems like she'd only go for the looks first," Bill replied as he calmed Paisley down.

Paisley hummed. "I'll believe you for now."