sixteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

Paisley Apparated to the Hog's Head and traveled to the Room of Requirement. As soon as they set on Hogwarts ground, danger was afoot.

"It's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade. Now, should anyone - student or staff - attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transcription. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty. If anyone in here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward. Now."

Silence soon turned into a commotion.

Harry walked out. "It seems - despite your exhaustive defensive strategies - you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster."

The Order of the Phoenix walked through the doors.

"How dare you stand where he stood?" Harry asked. "Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them!"

Snape made a move to cast a spell on Harry, but Professor McGonagall stepped next to Harry and fired spells one after another. As Snape Disapparated, the students of Hogwarts cheered. Two girls began screaming, covering their ears.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy commanded.

"Students out of bed, students out of bed! Students in the hall!" Filch exclaimed.

McGonagall sighed. "They're supposed to be out of bed, but I require you right now. If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of the Slytherin house from the hall," McGonagall told Filch.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to, ma'am?"

"The dungeons would do."

The rest of the students cheered.

"I presume you have a reason for returning, Potter. What is it you need?"

"Time, Professor - as much as you can get me."

McGonagall nodded. "Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle. It's good to see you."

He smiled. "It's good to see you too, Professor."