Russia: Fallen From Grace

Doom Slayer's POV

That took a little longer than expected.

The possessed rose from all around us, each with various shapes and sizes. Though they were easy to kill, their sheer numbers made for a long day of slaughter. Rising all across the city by the thousands, we inevitably cleared them out group by group, with the entire dilemma lasting several hours of daylight. As we killed the last, the sun was beginning to set down for the day. The worse would yet to come at night.

*Pew-Pew!*

*Crack!*

That should be the last of the possessed.

Hana: That....took way longer than it ever should.

Reinhardt: Anyone else feeling exhausted, or I'm just getting too old?

Brigitte: No, not just you Rein.

Lena: I'm feeling a bit of fatigue right now.

Fareeha: We're done here, right?

I shook my head, much to their dissatisfaction.

The worst is yet to come.

Hana: For real!?

Fareha: What!?

Lena: What do you mean, no!? We've been at this for hours!

VEGA: What we've fought was nothing more than fodder, Miss Oxton. With a city of this size, the worst is yet to come.

Brigitte: So there was no point in doing this?

We sprung their traps and disarmed them, so to speak.

VEGA: In a way, we've disarmed their traps so that our next encounter would be easier, Miss Lindholm. We did not fight in vain.

Reinhardt: Then when will the worst of it be coming?

VEGA: According to Walker, when the moon rises and the sun sets. Darkness does attract the higher tiers of Hell.

Reinhardt: Well, so much for nap time.

Hana: Aww...

Fareeha: So we wait.

VEGA: Correct.

Fareeha: I'll be adjusting Raptora then.

Did I just hear "Raptor armor"?

VEGA: I believe you've heard "Raptora".

Even more strange of a name. Wasn't paying attention.

An Hour Later...
Town Square...

From the rooftop of an abandoned book store, I watched over the main city square, where the gore nest lied dormant from the scope of the Heavy Assault Rifle. Becoming active, several demons entered through it into this world.

 Becoming active, several demons entered through it into this world