Chapter 8

For the past few days, Carina and Theodore spent their days together, and as promised they had their first date. They first walked around London, they went to see the Big Ben – surprisingly, Theodore had not seen it – and then some museums, beautiful structures, and when evening came, they went to the cinema to watch a Muggle movie, and after that, they both went back to the flat.

Two weeks passed and Carina and Theodore's lives were getting better, especially when they were alone together, but of course, there were days when Carina had to leave for work, which leaves Theodore to be in the company of the Malfoys or Blaise. Just like at the current moment.

"You know, I've never seen you so happy." Astoria said.

"Really?" Theodore asked.

"Yeah, it's written all over your face." Draco smirked.

Theodore chuckled and drank his tea.

"So, how're things been with Carina?" Draco asked.

"We're taking thing slow... we went on a couple of dates, hang out – and tell Blaise that we sleep at separate beds – and we're just having fun."

"We're really happy for you." Astoria said, "Where's Carina right now?"

"Work." Theodore said.

"I'm pretty sure she's over working herself again." Draco chuckled.

"Well, she loves her job."

•†•

"I hate my job."

Carina just entered her flat. Theodore wasn't expecting to be greeted by an enraged Carina, but upon seeing her stressed state, he simply went to her side and asked about her day, with a glass of wine.

"I thought you love your job." Theodore asked.

"I do – it's just the guys at work." Carina groaned.

"I thought you're head of the department?"

"Head of a faction in the department." Carina corrected. "Narcissa should really word it out properly."

"What's wrong, why do you suddenly hate your job?" Theodore asked as he poured more wine to her glass.

"My boss is a total arse – he's been nagging us non-stop since I started there, and he's been taking credit that we did, and has been using me as his coffee lady for the past week – thank Merlin I only get to go to work every four times the week!"

"If you hate your job so much, why don't you just quit?" Theodore said.

"What?"

"Just quit... you got a great amount of fortune to help you with your daily needs, until you find another job."

"What other job is there? There aren't any Astronomers that works outside the Ministry."

"Then be the first – be greater than them, even make the Ministry." Theodore shrugged.

"You sound like it's easy."

"It not, you just have to work hard for it, and see the bright side in things."

"Who are you and what have you done with Theodore?" Carina teased as she moved a bit far from him.

Theodore rolled his eyes and pulled her back beside him.

"It's just like how I became a Dragonologist... it was hell when I started, but when got a hang of it... things went great – sure there are accidents that couldn't be avoided, but I couldn't have asked for a better job."