XX - Hover

"Julia! Finally, oh my God. I've been looking all over you and I've called you like thirty times where are you, are you okay?" I heard Carters voice at the other end of the receiver.

I felt a pang of guilt, forgetting he was the one who cheated on me, and I bit my lip, turning away from Jack who was lying in the grass to dry up, and walking further away so he couldn't hear me.

"Look, Carter..." I started, knowing that if I was going to break up with him I'd have to just do it without beating around the bush.

I heard him sigh on the other end of the line, like he already knew what was coming.

"You're breaking up with me, aren't you?"

I bit my lip harder, feeling really bad that I've basically cheated on him myself.

"I'm sorry," I said, pacing in circles. "It just doesn't feel right with you."

"Is it because of yesterday?" He asked, his tone full of worry. "I didn't mean to come onto you like that, I thought you wanted me to, I'm really sorry."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This was harder than I thought.

"Look, if you need time, I'm okay with that; I'll wait for you, I just really want to be with you, Julia..." He took a shaky breath. "I really like you."

"Carter." I said, my voice wavering. "I know you cheated on me."

"What?"

I sighed. Here we go.

"You lied to me. The whole Amber thing where 'she came onto you'? You were the one who kissed her, don't deny it, Carter, just please." I said, my voice lowering at the end. "Don't call me anymore, don't try to talk to me anymore, okay?"

"Julia, hold on, I never-"

Quickly I pulled the phone away from my ear, pressing the end button before I would get fooled again. I heard my phone ring again, and I checked the called ID to see it was Carter. I groaned and hung up, turning my phone off so I wouldn't be bothered again as I walked back to Jack.

"Hey, do you know how to block someone from calling you? I asked, plopping down next to him, wearing his shirt.

He opened one of his eyes, smiling.

"Why, who's bothering you?"

"I was just wondering." I said, not wanting to say Carter, because knowing Jack he'd probably beat Carter up and threaten him never to call me and I really didn't want that.

"Yeah, if you go to the phone thingy in settings theres a 'blocked' thingy and you can block people from messaging you and stuff. You need them in your contacts, though."

I smiled and leaned down to give him a kiss. "You're so useful, it's great."

My kiss was meant to be a short one but he didn't allow that and turned it into a make out session instead, which I eventually broke up since it was late and I didn't want my mom much less my brother to get suspicious of Gilinsky and I.

When his car rolled to a stop at school it was just at the same time the last period bell rang, concluding the end of school. Kids flowed out of the doors like a river without a dam, and I tried to spot Lexi while Jack tried to spot Jack (Gilinsky tried to spot Johnson).

I figured I'd just meet up with Lexi and take a ride to her house, and lighted up when I spotted her blonde head in the crowd, and I waved her over. She caught my waving figure and I could see her frown before she made her way over to me.