[19] Half-Naked Confrontations

[I think I've decided I'm going to update every Friday for sure and occasionally on Wednesdays or Tuesdays as well!

Vote if you want me to write the next chapter in Jack's POV! And comment! If we get enough votes then I'll do several chapters in his POV!

Thanks and sending all the love,

-Leah

~~~That used to be a chapter titled "UPDATE" that I posted *I think* in August of 2018 but deleted so my chapter count is actually accurate to the number of chapters this book has. This change was made October 14th, 2018. Anyways, enjoy my cringey writing lol.]

"Yeah?" Rohan answers with a questioning look.

"As in the Jack Summers?"

Rohan looks just as confused so I continue, "Messy jet-black hair that he probably cuts himself, football player-"

He waves a hand dismissively. "Yeah, yeah, the new kid."

My stomach drops. I start pacing around the room. I'm shocked. I'm hurt. I don't know what to say. When Rohan sees how worked up I am he furrows his brows. "You know him?" he questions.

I gulp. Maggie's excitement disappears and she rubs my shoulder to try to soothe me. She sees the silent tears as they fall down my face.

"I guess I won't show the pictures," Maggie concludes softly, speaking distantly to no one in particular.

//

I stay home from school the next day as well. I don't feel like confronting my feelings or Jack.

Same thing.

I sleep the day away only to wake up to be suffocated by my congested, blocked airways. Ew. Gross.

I can barely breathe and my fever must've gotten worse because I feel like I'm on fire. I decide to get a cold cloth from the bathroom. After I dampen the cloth under the sink, I go back to my bedroom. My clothes are stuck to me with sweat.

I should probably change.

I take off all my clothes and wiggle into a fresh pair of boxers. I've turned my fan on and the air on my exposed skin feels amazing. I haven't put on the rest of my clothes but I think I'll just stay like this. No use in putting on clothes just to get them all gross and sweaty again.

I prop myself up on my bed and scroll through my laptop, reading the email responses I've gotten from my teachers on what I missed in class. If I had Max's number, I would've texted him to check up on him, but we never exchanged any contact information with each other.

I get up off of my bed and retrieve a tissue to blow my nose. I may be loud when I blow my nose, but the creak in the floorboards outside my room is definitely louder.

Even though I'm given this warning alarm, I still don't process it in time to be ready for Jack Summers to come bursting into my bedroom.

Seeing him standing in my doorway makes me tense up defensively. I wonder how he got in here.

Jack clears his throat awkwardly. He gestures to the door, "Your mom let me in."

Just as my posture softens due to his wavering voice and feeble stature, he stiffens and glares at me with a hardened gaze.

He steps forward, "What have you been doing?"

--I assume he's referring to my absence from school and work.

I pivot away from his intense gaze and scoff defensively. "Just following your wishes," I say, my words harsh and dripping in sarcasm.

When I turn around, his face seems almost apologetic.

His eyes take in my appearance and I realize my eyes are watery, my nose is red, and I'm holding a tissue. "Wha- I haven't been crying over you, you cocky piece of poop."

I toss the dirty tissue into the trash and sigh, "I've had a cold."

I'm expecting him to say something, but his mouth just hangs open, stunned.

I huff. " 'What have I been doing?' What have you been doing?" I snap out angrily.

The next words come out before I can stop them. "Other than shoving your tongue down girls throats at house parties."

Jack's POV

Oh boy. I messed up. I messed up bad. I can tell by the way Spencer looks right now, all angry at me for kissing that girl at that party.

It's hard to keep my gaze on him for too long because of how my eyes keep drifting from his face to his toned chest and the beads of sweat that trail down his torso to the waistband of his boxers. When his muscles clench the waistband shifts so that the 'V' line of his hip bone is exposed, I just about faint. My throat feels dry and my mind hazy. I almost forgot we were in the middle of a confrontation.

When my eyes return to his face, I realize he's looking at me expectantly. Oh, right. He asked me a question. I must've taken too long to respond because he turns his back to me and runs a hand through his hair in a frustrated manner.

My eyes snap to the shifting of his shoulder blades and focus in on the small constellation of freckles between them. I part my lips.

"Thinking about you,"

----

AN: Vote and comment if you want me to keep going in Jack's POV. The more input I get the more likely I'll have it written sooner and can post it this week!

Thank you so much for 3k reads by the way! And welcome to all new readers. I love you all so much and I'm so excited for how JUICY this book is gonna be.

I hope all you lovelies have a wonderful weekend xoxo

Love,

Leah