Part 1

Characters: reader, Bucky (Jimmy), Clint, Wanda.

Summary: Discovering the cute guy you just flirted with is the heir of a rival bakery, you suddenly find yourself running into him all over the city. Can your small boutique bakery compete? And how do you deal with the guy who seems determined to make your life a living hell? Luckily you're distracted by a secret admirer...But who is he? (Inspired by "You've Got Mail", Enemies to Lovers)

Warnings: none! Mild swearing?

Word Count: 1.2k

A/N: It's here!! I'm so excited to finally be sharing this story with you!! Ever since I mentioned this idea almost a year ago on, it has been nudging me to write it. Two months of work and it's ready to go out into the world. Let's get this started! Whoo!! :D I can't wait to hear your thoughts! Any and all feedback is appreciated. I adore you all. <3

_______________________________________

Five slices of strawberry, three ripe blackberries, a handful of plump blueberries, and a dusting of powdered sugar as a finishing touch. Perfect. Straightening up from your bent-over position, you surveyed your work with a smile and placed the last mini fruit tart in a box before securing the lid.

"Done," you spoke out loud to yourself with an accomplished sigh. 

Wanda, your one and only employee, was arriving just as you placed the last box in the back of your car and closed the trunk. She would mind the cash register and pastry counter while you were out on deliveries.

"Morning, Wanda," you greeted her with a smile.

"Hey, Y/N," she replied with a yawn.

"There's a fresh pot of coffee. The good stuff," you said with a wink.

"Ugh, you're a lifesaver. I didn't have time to stop. But guess what I saw?" she leaned in close with a narrowing of her eyes.

"What?"

"A delivery van for Barnes Bakery," she whispered, scandalized.

Your mouth gaped open. "Here? But their delivery area is basically all of Brooklyn! I didn't think they'd branched out across the bridge..." you trailed off. Wanda clutched your hand in comfort as she saw the look of worry on your face.

Barnes Bakery had been around forever and were known for their breads, rolls, and occasional pastries. Your small shop was doing well, but was still within the first year of opening, which was the most vulnerable time for a new business. If they were seeking new coffee shops and restaurants to supply their goods to, there was no way you could compete.

Straightening your spine, you shook off those thoughts and forced a smile on your face. "You know what? It's fine. We have totally different products and there's plenty of business to go around. Don't you worry about a thing," you said confidently with a squeeze of her hand.

Wanda eyed you for a second but then smiled as well. "Okay. You better get going."

"Hm? Oh! Right. Gotta be on time to keep my clients happy! Oh, could you punch down the cinnamon roll dough in about 20 minutes? I shouldn't be much longer than that but just in case," you asked, knowing that a yeast dough like that could get out of control if you weren't careful.

"Got it," she agreed, setting a timer on her phone using Siri.

"I'll be back!"

_____________________

Pushing the glass door open with your hip, you carefully carried the two large, white rectangular boxes into the last cafe on your delivery list. The Hawk's Nest was owned by Clint Barton, who was the first of your wholesale clients and you would be forever grateful to him for taking a chance on you. The shop was small with a few tables opposite the counter, but the real draw was the high ceilings and loft upstairs filed with large bean bag chairs and cozy little corners to read or study in. Most just called it the Nest.